Smoke Alarms

Lounge By jdoughboy Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 10:54am by scp1127

jdoughboy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdoughboy Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 4:04pm
post #1 of 4

I posted this here to get the most views.Please friends check the batteries in your smoke alarms and make sure they work. I lost a co-worker and his 2 young children this weekend in a house fire. There was one smoke alarm in the home with no battery. Please check, a few dollars can prevent another tragedy like this from possiblely happing again.

3 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 4

What a tragedy that could easily have been prevented!
For a # of yrs the new media used to advertise changing the batteries in you smoke alarm once a yr - I think it was New Yrs day but don't remember any ads the last yr or so.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 10:49am
post #3 of 4

We lost a niece, her son and her unborn 7 month daughter last week due to a landlord neglecting to add them. This was a temporary home for 6 weeks while her home was being completed. We all would possibly overlook this in a temporary home. They died last Monday and moving day was three days later on Thursday.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 10:54am
post #4 of 4

By the way, that same week in WV, a man died and three men were found unconscious in a popular chain motel room due to carbon monoxide. What was so profound about this tragedy was that the three men had just walked into the room to check on the missing co-worker. It hit them that fast.

I didn't name the motel because I didn't remember, but it was one of the top three.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%