I posted this here to get the most views.Please friends check the batteries in your smoke alarms and make sure they work. I lost a co-worker and his 2 young children this weekend in a house fire. There was one smoke alarm in the home with no battery. Please check, a few dollars can prevent another tragedy like this from possiblely happing again.
What a tragedy that could easily have been prevented!
For a # of yrs the new media used to advertise changing the batteries in you smoke alarm once a yr - I think it was New Yrs day but don't remember any ads the last yr or so.
We lost a niece, her son and her unborn 7 month daughter last week due to a landlord neglecting to add them. This was a temporary home for 6 weeks while her home was being completed. We all would possibly overlook this in a temporary home. They died last Monday and moving day was three days later on Thursday.
By the way, that same week in WV, a man died and three men were found unconscious in a popular chain motel room due to carbon monoxide. What was so profound about this tragedy was that the three men had just walked into the room to check on the missing co-worker. It hit them that fast.
I didn't name the motel because I didn't remember, but it was one of the top three.