How To Get Metallic Sage Green Buttercream? Guitar Strings?

Decorating By Angelia4096 Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 6:12pm by Angelia4096

Angelia4096 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 6:08am
post #1 of 3

Hi. I am making an electric guitar that's metallic sage green and white. How do I make this color in buttercream if I don't have an airbrush? Also, do you have any suggestions as to how to make the strings, knobs, electric plug in area (I don't know what this stuff is called lol) look realistic? I was asked to use buttercream, but SOME fondant would be ok. I'm making the tuners out of pretzels sticks with one end covered in fondant/gumpaste. Thanks! I love all the great tips and ideas I have gotten here!
I'm going to try to post a pic of the guitar. Ok...that didn't work bc my pic is too big I think.

2 replies
msthang1224 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 7:18am
post #2 of 3

Take a look at this thread about getting sage green color

To get the metallic look maybe you can use a pearl luster spray.

Not sure how to make the attachments of the guitar, sorry, I have never made a guitar. Maybe if you can upload a pic? oh wait, sorry, u tried that already, lol. Ok, do you know the name of the guitar yr making/

Angelia4096 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:12pm
post #3 of 3

Hi, msthang. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I accidently posted twice and didn't realize you had responded to my second post. Anyway...thanks for the link. I searched for previous posts, but I included metallic. I will try that combination of colors today. I'll have to guess at the amounts, though bc I only have wilton paste colors. If that doesn't work, I'm going to try Americolor avacado like someone else suggested.
He has a Fender electric guitar. I was able to post a picture after I cropped it. It's with the other post. I still can't figure out how I posted it twice! LOL Obviously, it was my first time to post in any forum on cc. I have some ideas as to how to decorate. I now have a lot of close-up pics of his guitar so that makes things a little easier and I was told I can use some fondant.
I have yellow and green pearl dust and silver, gold and pearl shimmer dust. Oh and some kind of clear sparkly sprinkle stuff...I forget what it's called. Will any of these work to get a metallic look? I've used the clear sprinkle stuff once, but have never used the other stuff and don't what effect they have on buttercream or fondant. I guess I'll have to try them all today. I have to start working on the cake tomorrow (thursday).

Quote by @%username% on %date%