Help Valentine Massacre!

Decorating By TigerLilly79 Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 5:15pm by TigerLilly79

TigerLilly79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TigerLilly79 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 1:27am
post #1 of 5

Dear Fellow Comrades,

Hi just wanted to say that I'm so glad I have come across this site, I have just joined from the UK and feel that this could be just wanted I needed! I am making valentine cupcakes with buttercream and i am placing a LoveHeart Sweet on top. Now I have noticed that over the hours the sweet saturates the fat from the buttercream and looks very unappealing. What can I do to avoid this? The sweet is mainly made up from sugar, acidity regulators, sodium bicarbonate, etc. Hope somebody can help

Kind Regards
Dee birthday.gif

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 1:34am
post #2 of 5

Hi,

Welcome icon_smile.gif You will love this site and become addicted too, lol. I speak from experience, lol.

Are yr sweets store bought? If so, something they are made with is reacting to the buttercream and breaking them down.

Maybe you can make a heart ( a litt;e bigger) out of fondant or gumpaste to use as a barrier btwn the BC and yr Sweet???

TigerLilly79 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 3:57pm
post #3 of 5

Hiya, yeah I think it is addictive, first thing I did when I woke up was check the site lol! Yeah I was thinking fondant but I did not want to compromise the design, I was thinking if I used a glaze of some kind perhaps? I dont know, i will experiment. Thank you for your reply. Yes the sweets are shop bought. Could make them if I cannot find any solution! Have a good day!

emma_123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emma_123 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 5

It might be worth letting the buttercream 'set' a bit before you put the love hearts on or cut a heart out of fondant and then stick the loveheart onto it?

TigerLilly79 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 5:15pm
post #5 of 5

Will try that thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%