Which Bc/topping Would You Recommend For ...

Baking By karukaru Updated 5 Feb 2012 , 1:02am by Goreti

karukaru Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karukaru Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:28pm
post #1 of 5

A black russian cake (basically vodka and khalua)? I need to make cupcakes for tomorrow and im not sure what to do. Do you think nutella truffle would be good? I was also thinking if adding khalua to a buttercream type icing but i use indydebbie's recipe and i don't like the taste anymore. Do you have a good bc base I can use? Thanks

4 replies
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:53pm
post #2 of 5

I would use chocolate smbc. Fromscratch has a great tutorial. The only difference that I have made was to reduce the butter to 10 oz.

karukaru Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 12:44am
post #3 of 5

Thank you. Maybe i will give it a try. I have never done smbc before and always wondered about the taste. Thanks for the suggestion. thumbs_up.gif

karukaru Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 12:46am
post #4 of 5

Thank you. Maybe i will give it a try. I have never done smbc before and always wondered about the taste. Thanks for the suggestion. thumbs_up.gif

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 1:02am
post #5 of 5

OMG it is delicious. I made it for the first time in December for MIL's cake. Now that the family has tasted it, they want nothing else. If you make it, make sure you use unsalted butter. It is sooooo smooth. My daughter's favorite is the milk chocolate (just added melted chocolate). She has me make cupcakes for her this week. I made 1/2 w/raspberry Zbuttercream & 1/2 chocolate. It is really easy to make. I have never had a problem. Last few times I have followed this tutorial http://fromscratchsf.wordpress.com/2011/03/08/tutorial-swiss-meringue-buttercream/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%