New Comer Looking For Advice

Decorating By lilbummie Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 2:20am by lilbummie

lilbummie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilbummie Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 6

hello my name is angelique..i am 17 and i am starting a wilton decorating class on monday...i am looking for any kind of advice anyone has for me...ia nervous and have little confidence in miself...i keep thinking about the wat ifs and not sure wat to exspect..please help easy mi mind or give some advice..thank u all

5 replies
Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 6

There is nothing to be nervous about. The classes are very easy. You will be taught the basics. The classes are actually a lot of fun. You get to meet people who are interested in cake decorating just like you are. Just relax and enjoy the classes.

MsGF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MsGF Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:55pm
post #3 of 6

I have taken the classes too. I really enjoyed them, lots of fun. Don't be nervous about it, just relax and have fun. There is no pressure. Class #1 starts at the very basics. Making icing, baking and leveling cakes, filling cakes, using icing bags and tips, with and without couplers. You will learn to ice a cake smooth, you will practice using your different tips & pressure control. You will make drop flowers, rosettes,stars, shells, pom pom flowers, leaves, shaggy mums. You will also fill and ice cupcakes. You will learn the basics of writing & ribbon roses. Maybe decorate some cookies.

It will be fun and easy. I took mine at a College Night Course so my classes were 6 weeks and we learned more than at Michael's Craft Store.

You will meet lots of great people and have fun. The rest of the class are beginners too.

Have fun and let us know how the first night was. All the worry will have been for not, I'm sure. You'll do great I know it.

Have Fun!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 12:49am
post #4 of 6

Hi,

Welcome to our world icon_smile.gif I too took the wilton courses and I was nervous about my 1st day. But, when i got in the class and everyone started saying "hello" and introducing themselves to one another, all of my tension went away!! I was so focused on what my instructor was saying and all the exciting stuff I was learning that I didnt realize the class was ending. YOU WILL DO GREAT!!!! For real, you will.

Have alot of fun and let us know how it went icon_smile.gif

merry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
merry Posted 5 Feb 2012 , 1:07am
post #5 of 6

You will enjoy learning this art of cake decorating, just have fun and keep practicing what you've learned. Generally speaking, cake decorating people are friendly and willing to share.

lilbummie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilbummie Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 2:20am
post #6 of 6

thank u all so much i feel a little at ease more and i will also be taking the class with mi mom hopefully i think it will be great for us and hope i do will thank u all for the advice and comforting and i will be sure to let u all know how it goes..hopfully i wont make to big of a mess haha..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%