Cake Outsite Of Fridge

Baking By Juliegre Updated 6 Feb 2012 , 3:52pm by Juliegre

Juliegre Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Juliegre Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 11:25am
post #1 of 10

Hi..i'm not really good in english,so sorry if it's not clear....
How many time i can let my cake at room temperature?
I do it with milk,egg,butter and sour cream.
Is it ok to let dairy at romm temperature????
Because with fondant i can t put my cake in fridge....
Thanks

9 replies
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 12:09pm
post #2 of 10

Julie,

You can refrigerate cakes covered in fondant. You need to let the cake come to room temperature and don't touch it until it is dry. A lot of people refrigerate their fondant cakes.

With that said, I usually refrigerate most of my cakes because they have perishable fillings (Bavarian cream, strawberry or raspberry fillings, etc.). I use IMBC and I also refrigerate that.

If it's for a cake for just my family, I don't mind leaving it out for a couple of days (if it's just filled with IMBC). but if it's for someone else I always advise them to refrigerate.

Hope this helps!

Annie

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:05pm
post #3 of 10

You do not have to worry about the CAKE itself....... you do NOT have to put it in the refrigerator...... IF you have a FILLING that you are worried about or might spoil being left out, keep it cold.....

Juliegre Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 11:55am
post #4 of 10

Thanks you...
I don t know if some Industrie think about creat a big dowel...but like a ice pack....than you put it in the middle of your cake and the cake was keeping cool????
Do you know if something like that exist???
I remember you...maybe it's not clear...i'm not good in english....

AnnieCahill Posted 4 Feb 2012 , 12:08pm
post #5 of 10

Julie,

I have never heard about that. It sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I have never had a problem just keeping the cake in the fridge, stacking when it's cold, and then just transporting the cake to its destination.

It will be fine-don't worry. icon_smile.gif

Annie

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:37am
post #6 of 10

Unless you live in a tropical location you do not need to put anything in/near the cake to keep it cool, nor do you need to keep the cake in the refrigerator.
As the others have said, it's only if you use a filling that has cream or eggs in it that you need to keep it cold.

noosalucy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosalucy Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:09am
post #7 of 10

I live in a tropical location (Sunshine Coast in Australia) and do not refrigerate my cakes unless I have to (due to fillings etc. or extremely hot weather above 30 degrees cels.).

I always say to my customers, for best eating results do not refrigerate. Cakes don't like the fridge, the fridge environment can make them go stale faster (like it does with bread) and makes the cake firm, changes the texture and taste. Cakes taste better at room temperature.

Juliegre Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 12:09pm
post #8 of 10

Thank you very mutch!
I don't live in a tropical place....i'm living in quebec city...so lot of snow...but some hot temperature in summer time.
I 'm worry by my cake because went a did one in the morning and people come for eating in the evening...they found strange to see cake at room temperature all the day....i just want be sure,i don't want anybody comme sike afeter eating my cake....
Maybe in the summer time i'll make my cake with water instat of milk...

AnnieCahill Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:06pm
post #9 of 10

Julie,

You don't have to worry about changing the ingredients in your recipe. Once the cake is baked it is fine to leave out. If you have fresh fruit fillings or IMBC then I would refrigerate it. It won't hurt the cake at all if it's been chilled. Just let it come to room temperature before eating.

If you use IMBC and your house is hot then you will have to refrigerate it or it will melt.

Juliegre Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 3:52pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieCahill

Julie,

You don't have to worry about changing the ingredients in your recipe. Once the cake is baked it is fine to leave out. If you have fresh fruit fillings or IMBC then I would refrigerate it. It won't hurt the cake at all if it's been chilled. Just let it come to room temperature before eating.

If you use IMBC and your house is hot then you will have to refrigerate it or it will melt.

Ok thank you very mutch!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%