Toll House Cookie Filling

Baking By monosylabicgirl Updated 3 Feb 2012 , 4:45pm by ranae5463

monosylabicgirl Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 3:08am
post #1 of 4

does anyone know a recipe that comes close to that cookie filling used at cookie mall shops like toll house. I would really like to use something like that for mini cupcakes... its white, tastes like shortening buttercreme. would that be the same frosting used for whoopie pies? thanks!

3 replies
radtech Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 3:41am
post #2 of 4

I haven't had the Toll House filling but the Ding Dong filling in the recipe section is a great filling for cupcakes. I use it in my chocolate cupcakes and frost them with ganache just like a Ding Dong, everyone loves them. Hope this helps!

monosylabicgirl Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 3:50pm
post #3 of 4

thanks. I'll look into that.. but what i really want is a recipe for the cookie frosting. they use this frosting on those giant cookie cakes at great american cookies. they have a white buttercream and a chocolate. both are very delicious and very sweet. i would like to find a recipe very similar to that white frosting. I know its not made with butter.. it has to be made with shortening but you really can't taste the shortening.. its really good. I hope I find it..

ranae5463 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 4

Try this:

I simply googled great american cookie icing and that's what came up. Hope that's the one you're looking for. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%