What's Your Favorite Filling That Doesn't Need Refrigeration

Baking By Debslynn Updated 13 Feb 2012 , 7:02pm by TexasSugar

Debslynn Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking for some yummy filling ideas that don't need refrigeration. I'm new at this and a little hesitant about experimenting so I'd love to hear what your tried and true ideas are! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif
Debslynn

8 replies
msthang1224 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:10am
post #2 of 9

Hi,

When i need a filling that i dont want to refridgerate, I use sleeve fillings from www.countrykitchensa.com They have a nice variety of flavors and they taste great. My customers love the taste. My fav is the raspberry icon_smile.gif

FullHouse Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 9

I mix flavors into buttercream (whipped or crusting depending on what I'm going for). Preserves, peanut butter, crushed oreos, Nutella, strong brewed coffee, lemon curd, Lorann Oil, liquer, etc.

Debslynn Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:54am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the ideas! Last time I checked, I hadn't gotten any replies so it's great to see a couple things to try. I appreciate both!

msthang1224 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:57am
post #5 of 9

Yr very welcome, Good luck icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 9

Mine is ganache. But I like preserved in my buttercream as well.

Nancy_TX Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 3:31am
post #7 of 9

Replace 1/2 or more of the liquid in your buttercream with the gourmet coffee syrups they have at Sam's - raspberry, caramel, hazelnut - yummmm!

monsoon Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 7:40am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

I mix flavors into buttercream (whipped or crusting depending on what I'm going for). Preserves, peanut butter, crushed oreos, Nutella, strong brewed coffee, lemon curd, Lorann Oil, liquer, etc.

Hi there

I just found this great site - I'm a newbie to cake decorating - and hope you can help!

I baked a lemon madeira cake yesterday for a party this Saturday (froze it last night - is overnight enough to defrost a cake and in or out of the fridge?). I wanted to fill it with lemon buttercream (I bought lemon curd, which contains no eggs or milk, just sugar, lemon extract, stabilizer, etc, to mix with normal buttercream) and then I want to cover it with white chocolate ganache.

If I do this on Wednesday, will it keep until Saturday out of the fridge? Because then I can spend Thursday night covering with fondant and decorate on Friday?

Hope to hear from you soon!
m.

TexasSugar Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 7:02pm
post #9 of 9

Preserves and Jams.

Thick ice cream toppers like hot fudge.

Nutella

Dulce de leche (in a can, made by Nestle's).

Canned pie fillings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%