What's Your Favorite Filling That Doesn't Need Refrigeration

Baking By Debslynn Updated 13 Feb 2012 , 7:02pm by TexasSugar

Debslynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debslynn Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 6:23pm
post #1 of 9

I am looking for some yummy filling ideas that don't need refrigeration. I'm new at this and a little hesitant about experimenting so I'd love to hear what your tried and true ideas are! Thanks icon_biggrin.gif
Debslynn

8 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:10am
post #2 of 9

Hi,

When i need a filling that i dont want to refridgerate, I use sleeve fillings from www.countrykitchensa.com They have a nice variety of flavors and they taste great. My customers love the taste. My fav is the raspberry icon_smile.gif

FullHouse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FullHouse Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 9

I mix flavors into buttercream (whipped or crusting depending on what I'm going for). Preserves, peanut butter, crushed oreos, Nutella, strong brewed coffee, lemon curd, Lorann Oil, liquer, etc.

Debslynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debslynn Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:54am
post #4 of 9

Thanks for the ideas! Last time I checked, I hadn't gotten any replies so it's great to see a couple things to try. I appreciate both!

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 6:57am
post #5 of 9

Yr very welcome, Good luck icon_smile.gif

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 4:33pm
post #6 of 9

Mine is ganache. But I like preserved in my buttercream as well.

Nancy_TX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nancy_TX Posted 9 Feb 2012 , 3:31am
post #7 of 9

Replace 1/2 or more of the liquid in your buttercream with the gourmet coffee syrups they have at Sam's - raspberry, caramel, hazelnut - yummmm!

monsoon Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monsoon Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 7:40am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullHouse

I mix flavors into buttercream (whipped or crusting depending on what I'm going for). Preserves, peanut butter, crushed oreos, Nutella, strong brewed coffee, lemon curd, Lorann Oil, liquer, etc.

Hi there

I just found this great site - I'm a newbie to cake decorating - and hope you can help!

I baked a lemon madeira cake yesterday for a party this Saturday (froze it last night - is overnight enough to defrost a cake and in or out of the fridge?). I wanted to fill it with lemon buttercream (I bought lemon curd, which contains no eggs or milk, just sugar, lemon extract, stabilizer, etc, to mix with normal buttercream) and then I want to cover it with white chocolate ganache.

If I do this on Wednesday, will it keep until Saturday out of the fridge? Because then I can spend Thursday night covering with fondant and decorate on Friday?

Hope to hear from you soon!
m.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Feb 2012 , 7:02pm
post #9 of 9

Preserves and Jams.

Thick ice cream toppers like hot fudge.

Nutella

Dulce de leche (in a can, made by Nestle's).

Canned pie fillings.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%