Which Electronic Cutter Is Best?

Decorating By PeggyMichel Updated 5 Mar 2012 , 6:52pm by bonniekaye

PeggyMichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PeggyMichel Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 5:57pm
post #1 of 7

My original cricut has served me well, but now it needs to be replaced. There are now so many new electronic cutters out there. Which one do you think is the best for cakes, and paper crafts? I have SCAL software. Thanks for any input.

6 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 7

I prefer the silhouette, no cartridges to buy and it has the print and cut feature.

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 7:54pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

I prefer the silhouette, no cartridges to buy and it has the print and cut feature.

ditto!!!

linedancer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
linedancer Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:12am
post #4 of 7

Me too!

colababy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
colababy Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 1:53am
post #5 of 7

I have the cricut cake. I love it.

Natjacsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natjacsmom Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 2:44pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by KateLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

ditto!!!

Would you mind sharing a link to the Silhouette?

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 5 Mar 2012 , 6:52pm
post #7 of 7

Silhouette atty the way!! It is the machine that the inventor of this technique uses and I agree that it is the best one for this method of cake decorating. You do not use cartridges, so after the initial investment, you don't invest more money for cartridges. For some reason when ever we put in a link to the web site for more information it is blocked. You can find the information at deseretdesigns just add the www and .com

Also, if you are interested in a cutter you may want to check out icingimages icing sheets. I use them and think they are the best on the market of electronic cutters. I use gum alot, but I do like the icing sheets, especially for print and cut (something you can't do with a cricut)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%