Can Any Recommend A Bakery In New Orleans?

Decorating By MPH32 Updated 2 Feb 2012 , 4:16pm by Lalady

MPH32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MPH32 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:02am
post #1 of 6

I need a 2 tier birthday cake for someone during Mardi Gras. Can anyone recommend a bakery in downtown New Orleans or French Quarter? Or somewhere resonably close by? Preferrably someone that can provide a fondant cake. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I hate to just pick somewhere in the phone book. Thanks

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:46am
post #2 of 6

Hi,

I dont know off hand but to try and help, I did a search "Zagat Bakeries in New Orleans, French Quarter" and here is what came up

http://www.zagat.com/neworleans/bakery-restaurants

HTH and maybe someone from New Orleans area will see this post and help you out icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 6

Contact sugarshack on this site.

kimebarnes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimebarnes Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

we got our wedding cake from Swiss bakery a few years ago when we lived there they were in the french quarter right outside, cake was wonderful. good luck during Mardi gras stuff gets a little hectic and books way in advance \\due to all the parties

VannaD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VannaD Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 6

The Kupcake factory does tiered cakes, and used to have a location in the french quarter. Im not sure if they still do. I believe Sharon(sugarshack) lives outside of N.O. But Im sure she can give you some leads.  .

Lalady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lalady Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 6

Haydel's Bakery; haydelbakery.com

Cake Cafe on Chartres St. although I've not heard anything about this place.

Also found The Sweet Life Bakery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%