Can Any Recommend A Bakery In New Orleans?

Decorating By MPH32 Updated 2 Feb 2012 , 4:16pm by Lalady

MPH32 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:02am
post #1 of 6

I need a 2 tier birthday cake for someone during Mardi Gras. Can anyone recommend a bakery in downtown New Orleans or French Quarter? Or somewhere resonably close by? Preferrably someone that can provide a fondant cake. Any recommendations would be appreciated, I hate to just pick somewhere in the phone book. Thanks

5 replies
msthang1224 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:46am
post #2 of 6

I dont know off hand but to try and help, I did a search "Zagat Bakeries in New Orleans, French Quarter" and here is what came up

HTH and maybe someone from New Orleans area will see this post and help you out icon_smile.gif

tiggy2 Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 3:35pm
post #3 of 6

Contact sugarshack on this site.

kimebarnes Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 3:58pm
post #4 of 6

we got our wedding cake from Swiss bakery a few years ago when we lived there they were in the french quarter right outside, cake was wonderful. good luck during Mardi gras stuff gets a little hectic and books way in advance \\due to all the parties

VannaD Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:06pm
post #5 of 6

The Kupcake factory does tiered cakes, and used to have a location in the french quarter. Im not sure if they still do. I believe Sharon(sugarshack) lives outside of N.O. But Im sure she can give you some leads.  .

Lalady Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 4:16pm
post #6 of 6

Haydel's Bakery;

Cake Cafe on Chartres St. although I've not heard anything about this place.

Also found The Sweet Life Bakery.

Quote by @%username% on %date%