Ny Giants Blue Royal Icing?

Decorating By cheatize Updated 11 Feb 2012 , 4:20pm by merry

cheatize Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 3:19am
post #1 of 5

I'm trying to get royal icing the same blue as the NY Giants. I added Royal Blue until I was afraid it was going to be bitter, but it's nowhere near Royal colored. I also have to make fondant this color. Is there another color I should be using or adding?

4 replies
merry Posted 2 Feb 2012 , 5:09am
post #2 of 5

Ok..hope this might help you. When I had to make fondant a deep blue; Knead in some royal blue gel paste into fondant and airbrush with a darker blue ~ navy. I assume you are outling in royal icing; Tint royal icing in royal blue and do your piping. After the royal icing has dried; mix navy gel paste with lemon extract, vodka or everclear and paint with an artist brush over dried piping carefully. [/b][/u]

cheatize Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 4:00pm
post #3 of 5

I forgot to come back and thank you! Thanks for the advice! I didn't have any navy on hand and I don't own an airbrush so I just did what I could since the stuff was a freebie anyway.

Now that I have navy, I'll know what to try next time.

LisaPeps Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 4:18pm
post #4 of 5

If you need dark royal icing colours in the future, use airbrush colours in place of the water (sometimes you still have to add a little bit of water). Works like a charm! That's how I made my black RI on my penguin cake.

merry Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 4:20pm
post #5 of 5

I am sorry that I didn't include instructions without using an airbrush.

If you don't own an airbrush, next time you might want to paint the navy color on with a brush and clear alcohol, lemon extract or vodka.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%