Iso Cupcake Decorations/sprinkles

Baking By niltiak7 Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 7:56pm by niltiak7

niltiak7 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:18pm
post #1 of 6

Long time reader of CC but first time posting!

I recently tried a unique decoration/sprinkle on a cupcake... it was like an individual white chocolate covered crisped rice. It looked exactly like a sugar pearl....I was expecting a hard crunch but was pleasantly surprised to find that it was much softer in texture.

Any idea what these are called and where to buy them?

Thanks in advance for any input!

5 replies
sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:33pm
post #2 of 6

Where did you buy or try them? I have not heard of them but they sound like a great idea.

niltiak7 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:04pm
post #3 of 6

They were on cupcakes from a local bakery. I tried calling the bakery but all they had to say was that they get them from their distributor, that they are white chocolate covered crisped rice, and that they are expensive. Not much help there!

sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:20pm
post #4 of 6

Actually that may be helpful. Their distributor is probably something like Bakery Mart or DecoPac. CK might also have something like that.

Were they perfectly round or were they shapped like puffed rice like the cereal? I ask because a quick google search found a few chocolate coated puffed rice options but none are round.

sillywabbitz Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:31pm
post #5 of 6

Also were they mult-colored or all the same color?

niltiak7 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 6

They were almost perfectly round and some cupcakes had one tone, some had multi-colored. They all had kind of a pearly finish.

I didn't have much luck with a google search probably because I have no idea what to search. Got a lot of results for chocolate candies with crisped rice etc etc.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Quote by @%username% on %date%