Dr Seuss Design Inspiration/help

Decorating By mystsparkle Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 6:19pm by mystsparkle

mystsparkle Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 3

hhi everyone. ive attached a cake design i will be doing. the customer wants it centered around yertle the turtle from dr seuss. my question is how can i make the cake more colorful? the book from dr seuss is mostly blue/green...which for the cake i have blue sky, and water...the the rest is mostly grass and the turtles. aside from the fish on the bottom from another book, should i add more color (how?) customer likes the layout but said if i could make it more colorful!? thanks!!

2 replies
Vista Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:38pm
post #2 of 3

I would make the fish colorful, a brown rock. Add a red border, and make the number 1 red also. Incorporate some clouds in the sky, the white will brighten it up quite a bit. I don't know if that is enough color or not, but just some ideas.

mystsparkle Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 6:19pm
post #3 of 3

Thanks Vista! I like the clouds idea..didnt even think about clouds hehe duh!
and red is good for the number one...maybe ill make it red and white kinda like Dr. Seuss Cat in the hat's Hat! That should brighten it up a bit more. I think that should work...i can't really see how else you can get it colorful with that theme. Plus she's got cupcakes too to go around the cake...i'll just make those super colorful! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%