I have a wedding cake to make for May and this is my first one.
My questions are:
1. How many hours in advance do you usually deliver the cake to the reception site?
2. How far in advance should I be in contac with the florist's people since the bride will be using a real flower to decorate her cake?
3. Do I also have to contact the reception site about delivering the cake on that specific month and date?
Please help everyone...this is my first wedding cake to make and I really have no idea on what are the process in delivering a wedding cake....Thank you all in advance....
1. I deliver to the reception site 2 - 6 hours in advance of the wedding.
2. I talk to the florist about 3 days in advance.
3. Ditto the call to the venue.
Be sure to take the following with you:
repair kit including all the tips and icings and decorations used.
A copy of your HD certificate or whatever license your city/state requires, plus a copy of the declarations page from your liability insurance. I've also been asked to have my liability insurance name the venue and/or the host as an "also insured" on my policy. That can take a couple of weeks.