How To Do This Ruffle?

Decorating By Charmed Updated 1 Feb 2012 , 3:04pm by DianeLM

Charmed Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:03am
post #1 of 5
4 replies
AnnieCahill Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 12:05pm
post #2 of 5

Ok, so the ruffle on the top tier...

To me, it looks like nothing more than a wide strip of fondant folded back and forth several times.

msthang1224 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 12:27pm
post #3 of 5


I agree, the top tier does look like what the PP said but be sure to rool your fondant out big enough so that you will get the right effect and have enough to do the folds icon_smile.gif Also, the bottom tier looks like thin stips of fondant witht eh edges thinned out and ruffled just as you would make edible tissue paper for a box cake. then applied one at a time. Now as for the ruffled roses, I'm assuming that they are done the same way as i explained the ruffle strips (thinned out). The outside petal edges thinned out a little more with your ball tool. they also look like its done in strips to and rolled to look like a rose.

Maybe someone who has done this before can also chime in and help you icon_smile.gif Good luck.


Charmed Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 4:22am
post #4 of 5


DianeLM Posted 1 Feb 2012 , 3:04pm
post #5 of 5

You'll learn a lot by reading the page your pictures came from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%