It's Sideways, But I Have A Photo!!!

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 4:41pm by Wildgirl

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 11:18pm
post #1 of 9

This is the wedding cake you all helped with! It's sideways, and I couldn't get it to crop, so you also get to see my disaster of a kitchen and the fridge open. icon_razz.gif At the last minute I decided it needed leaves - and I could not find my larger leaf tip, so this was as good as I could do. It is FAR from perfect, as you will see. The bc looked rough and leathery - it even was cracked. The ribbon was saturated with oil. And my flowers are not consistent. But it did taste good. thumbs_up.gif

8 replies
Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 11:55pm
post #2 of 9

Here is the Original Posters cake posted from their photo gallery.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 12:13am
post #3 of 9

You did a great job. I'm proud of you!

Wildgirl Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 3:43am
post #4 of 9

Thank you. icon_biggrin.gif

Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:42am
post #5 of 9

I love it, very beautiful!

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 6:45am
post #6 of 9

Wow Wild-- you did a really great job!! See-- all that worry for nothing- icon_razz.gificon_lol.gif

You should be VERY pleased and proud of yourself- !

May I just make some suggestiosn- I think they are important- and ones I have NOT followed myself and I am very annoyed at myself for it-

Take the time to take really good photos- you will definitely want to look back on them, especially to see your progression- and you will want to build your portfolio- I remember seeing/hearing Christopher Garren- cake genious- saying that no cakes leave his bakery without the photos being taken-no matter how late they are running- I have seen and read about many who set up photo-like booths- and use good cameras!! I'm not sure how I feel about photoshopping the pics as you may want a true representation of the product. I was thinking of getting a white and black tri-fold boards to start using for a backdrop for my cakes-ooh and I have to buy a camera- the cellphone is not cutting it- especially since I have a "cellasarous"-- barely a step up from the clamshell phone- ha!!

Also- make sure you write a description to go along with your pics- size of tiers- flavors- etc
Taking notes- esp in the beginning is such a great tool-- (again- I am not following my own advice) - Example- How much product you used- eggs- cake mix- fondant-buttercream etc-, how long it took- maybe even how long step by step- but definitely at least how long it took overall, sort of like a diary- the more details you can keep for yourself the better-you will be happy you did-

Your cake came out so good- you should capture it in a great pic- you both deserve it (ha)

Mo

IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 8:52am
post #7 of 9

Yay photo! icon_biggrin.gif Oh those roses are darling.. I'm so glad it came together so well. icon_biggrin.gif

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 2:01pm
post #8 of 9

Congratulations for the excellent job! Lovely roses!!

Wildgirl Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 4:41pm
post #9 of 9

It's funny, earlier that day I had put a white board behind it and tried to take "nice" pics. But the cake still didn't sit right with me. About noon (had to leave before 2 with the cake and I still needed to shower etc for the wedding) I asked dh if it needed leaves. He said to try it - so I started mixing up bc and greens at the last minute. So this last shot was taken just before we had to load it up. As it was, we got to the wedding with just a few minutes to spare. I do agree though - good pics and notes are so valuable. I've kicked myself for not being more organized with recipes from past anniversary cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%