Need Help With A "bling" Cake!!!!

Decorating By sianpa22 Updated 29 Jan 2012 , 1:05pm by princesscatt

sianpa22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sianpa22 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 7:48am
post #1 of 2

i'm making a cake for my niece and she wants it to be "blingy". i have an idea of what i want but i'm having a hard time finding what i need.... i want to use the edible diamonds/gems or something similar for a quilted cake and to create a cascading effect on another cake.
1. found edible gems/diamonds but they're too expensive and i really don't know what sizes i would need if i went that route.
2. also found the molds and isomalt but still don't know if the molds have the right size cavities i need to create my cakes.

BTW, i live in CA and searched the following websites...
global sugar art = out of stock or slightly expensive to buy already made.
first impressions = found some items but also don't know what sizes i would need.
kitchen krafts = has notes on dragrees, pearls and luster dust... either not edible?? or silver can not be sold in CA?? i don't know if this is correct.

can anyone help me with this?? i can use all the ideas and/or suggestions out there!
thanks,
silvia

1 reply
princesscatt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesscatt Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 1:05pm
post #2 of 2

You can find a lot of molds on Etsy if you want to make your own. They are inexpensive and show you approx how big. They also sell them already made. Also County Kitchen Sweet Art has some molds that have different sizes and shapes all in one. I bought my isomalt from MYO and it was inexpensive and literally shipped the next day.

The silver and gold dragees are not approved for comsumption (even though I rememer eating them off cakes as a child!) You can buy the black ones, I believe they are edible.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%