A Huge Success!!

Decorating By Wildgirl Updated 30 Jan 2012 , 5:54pm by BakedAlaska

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 5:59am
post #1 of 15

Home from the wedding now - and I cannot thank all of you enough - if it wasn't for your input, recipes, tips, etc, I would NOT have been able to do what I did. The cake was beautiful - and the bride didn't even notice the oily ribbon. People were super impressed. They thought my bc flowers were real. The groom made an announcement for people to try the cakes - and how there were many different kinds (I did 4 different cakes). The bride came up to me and gushed at how wonderful it was. People were all telling me now awesome the cake was, that I should do it professionally, that they had to keep trying another flavor, that they were not disappointed, etc. I'm floating right now. Not sure if it makes up for all the pain I went through, but I'm definitely not disappointed with how it turned out in the end.

But I could not have done it without you. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

14 replies
IvyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IvyCakes Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 7:27am
post #2 of 15

Where are the pictures!? D: Give! icon_biggrin.gif

lovecakes52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovecakes52 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 7:50am
post #3 of 15

Congrats to you !!!!!!! Okay now????? Where is the picture????

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 1:28pm
post #4 of 15

You had a real cliffhanger going. We were all rooting for you, so congratulations and yeah, we need pictures...

MaurorLess67 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MaurorLess67 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 3:12pm
post #5 of 15

I know that feeling when you reach success!!! That's how we all got hooked!!!!-- ha Can't wait to see pics-- ( I myself have not figured out how to take a good pic or post- ha!!!)

Congrats!

Mo

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 15

Can't wait to see the picture of the cake icon_smile.gif
Glad it all worked out!
Jodi

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 10:55pm
post #7 of 15

It's like childbirth. You forget all the pain and just appreciate the wonderful finished product.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 11:05pm
post #8 of 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by All4Show

It's like childbirth. You forget all the pain and just appreciate the wonderful finished product.

THRILLED FOR YOU! (The statement above is so true!) You spent 100's of hours researching/dreaming/planning/agonizing/cooking/decorating and it was gone in 20 minutes.

Wasn't it just the BEST 20 minutes EVER!!!!???

Doing a "Wave" in front of my computer for you right now!

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 11:50pm
post #9 of 15

icon_smile.gif

Wildgirl Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:21am
post #10 of 15

It was the hardest thing ever to watch them hold the knife over it when they "cut the cake" - and then I had to pull the flowers off and cut it up!!! I had to just make myself do it.

Is there a tutorial here somewhere on how to post pics?

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:39am
post #11 of 15

So glad for you!!! And you made all the cake from scratch too, right? Can't waitto see your pics!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wildgirl Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:44am
post #12 of 15

Yes, I had to do it from scratch. Just a personal thing. And I heard tons more positive comments today about it too. One guy told me he wasn't a cake person, but loved my cookies & cream cake. Another guy friend that just got married - and who didn't realize he was in a conversation about his own wedding cake (thought they were talking about this wedding) said, "oh, yeah, that cookies and cream was awesome". thumbs_up.gif Someone else said they love my carrot cake (just the Awesome Carrot cake recipe on allrecipes - this cake began my "cake reputation") I just love all this glory! icon_lol.gif

soledad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
soledad Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 7:04am
post #13 of 15

Congratulations!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif I am so happy for you!! I know the feeling!!! On one of the cake and cookies that I made people call me an "artist" icon_lol.gif If they only knew that I also have all of you for support and inspiration! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 11:36am
post #14 of 15

Congratulations! I hope this isn't the last one you do!

Now show us the pics. icon_smile.gif

BakedAlaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedAlaska Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 5:54pm
post #15 of 15

To upload a photo, go to the drop down menu under "Galleries" and select "Upload a Photo". It'll walk you through from there...

Congrats on your wedding cake victory!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%