Cream Cheese Smbc/imbc?

Baking By AquariusB Updated 30 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm by AquariusB

AquariusB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AquariusB Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 3:54pm
post #1 of 10

Is this even possible? I'm making a spice cake and want to fill with Cream Cheese. I'm completely obsessed with SMBC/IMBC 's texture and taste and was wondering if there's a way I could make a Cream Cheese SMBC/IMBC?

Thank You!!

9 replies
brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 4:21pm
post #2 of 10

Oh yeah! Love it!

After making SMBC, using a different mixer bowl, I use the paddle beater and beat the cream cheese until very smooth. You do not want it chunky. Next, scrape down the bowl. Then one big heaping spoonful at a time, I add the SMBC to the cream cheese and mix.

That is some delicious icing!

Good luck!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 4:30pm
post #3 of 10

Yes, my recipe is posted here on CC, do a search in the recipe section.

AZCouture Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AZCouture Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 5:03pm
post #4 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brenda549

You do not want it chunky.

I don't ice with cream cheese icing, but I make a filling with it. And I absolutely leave it chunky...salty little chunks suspended in the sweet SMBC...oh it's so good. Very popular. I just warm the cream cheese until it's semi soft, take a bowl of SMBC, and cut the cream cheese into it with a pastry blender until it's chunky, but small chunks. Making some tomorrow night as a matter of fact.

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 5:17pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

Quote:

I don't ice with cream cheese icing, but I make a filling with it. And I absolutely leave it chunky...salty little chunks suspended in the sweet SMBC...oh it's so good. Very popular. I just warm the cream cheese until it's semi soft, take a bowl of SMBC, and cut the cream cheese into it with a pastry blender until it's chunky, but small chunks. Making some tomorrow night as a matter of fact.

Really??? Huh. Didn't know that!

AZCouture Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 5:19pm
post #6 of 10

Oh yes. Might not be for everyone, but I haven't met a person yet who didn't like it. Personally, I like having a little texture in fillings. Smooth creamy buttercream icing, and something with some tooth in the middle. That's how I roll!

AZCouture Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 5:20pm
post #7 of 10

And I'm talking very consistent little bits, like smaller than pea sized, much smaller.

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 6:25pm
post #8 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCouture

Quote:

This would work for me and my family!! I love little, lovely bits of cream cheese in my SMBC!! Yum!!

Unfortunately, I have had someone mention cream cheese bits in the SMBC. Since then I have tried to make sure it is smooth before mixing the two if using it for a client.

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 28 Jan 2012 , 4:48pm
post #9 of 10

Mmmmm, tiny chunks of cream cheese in IMBC has me drooling. I have some left over IMBC in the fridge..is it wrong that I am considering this as my afternoon snack?? LOL Oh boy, I was just saying in the other thread how I eat so much less sweets since baking full time but, this thread changed my mood!! HAHAHAHA

AquariusB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AquariusB Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:20pm
post #10 of 10

Thank you all for the replies! I'm going to try it chunky and see how it goes!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%