cookiedoescakes Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 12:54am

I am thinking about getting into cookies, I think I would like to cover mine in fondant and I am interested in knowing how much you all charge for yours..

3 replies
cylstrial Posted 19 Feb 2012 , 11:11pm

I would think that $2.00 each would be the bare minimum. Hope this helps.

GeminiRJ Posted 20 Feb 2012 , 6:49pm

Much will depend on your market! You might easily get $4 a cookie in one state/city, but only $2 (or less) somewhere else. You'll have to do some research in your area to see what would be a reasonable price. Don't be surprised if people react with shock to anything over $1!

EvMarie Posted 22 Feb 2012 , 8:07pm

It's a fine line for sure. You don't want to rip yourself off. Be sure to recover your costs, including utilities AND pay yourself a rate you think is fair. What ever that per cookie price turns out to be...is what you should charge.

Granted, lots of people in my area wouldn't even think about paying $4 for a cookie. But, somebody is buying them. They are all over the internet for sale! I guess you gotta find your buyers.

I once read a lady on here who said: "work smart, not hard". It made sense to me. If you undercut your price to something that doesn't feel fair to you....it'll show in your work, or at least in your heart.

Quote by %username% on %date%

%body%