Cake Pop Stand?

Decorating By Debbye27 Updated 8 Feb 2012 , 2:38am by Debbye27

Debbye27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbye27 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 6:06pm
post #1 of 22

What do you put your cake pops in? I have only made them once, but a friend asked me to make some for her son's school party. I used an egg carton when I was making them to let them cool -then put them in a big cup - I had purchased a wilton cake pop holder- but seriously couldn't figure out how to assembe the cardboard thing!

Do they sell little stands? I don't want to group them all in a cup-I'm going for something cute and professional looking.

Thanks!

21 replies
jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 22

I usually get a little painted bucket from Hobby Lobby or Michael's, a styrofoam flower pot insert and tissue shreds from the Dollar Store and put a dozen cake pops in each one. Simple. thumbs_up.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 6:28pm
post #3 of 22

I was just placing my order at Decopac.com yesterday and saw that they now carry cake pop stands and supplies. However, they didn't have a picture online so I can't say exactly what they look like - perhaps if you email them you can get a picture? I don't think they were too much $$$, Decopac usually has GREAT prices!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 6:44pm
post #4 of 22

I was just placing my order at Decopac.com yesterday and saw that they now carry cake pop stands and supplies. However, they didn't have a picture online so I can't say exactly what they look like - perhaps if you email them you can get a picture? I don't think they were too much $$$, Decopac usually has GREAT prices!

Debbye27 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 6:46pm
post #5 of 22

OMG- I just found this site----how stinking cute!! Then got to thinking- cause I like to be creative and all-----can't I make my own stand and just drill holes in it -paint it any color I want and all!!
HHHHMMMM- new adventure coming up!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/PicturePerfectPops?ref=seller_info

ButRCream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ButRCream Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 7:02pm
post #6 of 22

I've not used this personally, but know of several who have purchased it and raved about it's sturdiness, how easy it is to wipe clean and how nice it looks - The Cupcake Tower - they've recently come out with a double model that has holes on one side for cake pops, then you can flip and it's a solid board for cupcakes. Very nice looking. http://www.thecupcaketower.com/ If my link doesn't work, it's thecupcaketower.com

Debbye27 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 7:09pm
post #7 of 22

That looks awesome! Thanks.

I am going to try and make my own - I want one in the shape of a rainbow with clouds- so this weekend I will cut, paint, seal and drill it.

If this works.....maybe I'll start making and selling my own icon_smile.gif

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 8:21pm
post #8 of 22

There`s a business on Facebook who sells the stands here:

https://www.facebook.com/cakepopstands

Not sure what they are made of, but looks like wood? Wonder if they are a member of CC.

Debbye27 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 9:19pm
post #9 of 22

I can't check facebook from work (not that they would be happy with me checking cake central -all day!)
But the link I saw shows them made of wood, with a couple coats of glossy seal on it so they can be wiped down. I've done a little wood work (well, watched my husband do woodwork) and don't think it will be hard at all to make a stand...rather then pay 40-90 dollars for one.
My husband may not be as excited as I am, but he's going to start cutting out wood right away so I can test these out!!

Polarcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Polarcakes Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 9:27pm
post #10 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbye27

I can't check facebook from work (not that they would be happy with me checking cake central -all day!)
But the link I saw shows them made of wood, with a couple coats of glossy seal on it so they can be wiped down. I've done a little wood work (well, watched my husband do woodwork) and don't think it will be hard at all to make a stand...rather then pay 40-90 dollars for one.
My husband may not be as excited as I am, but he's going to start cutting out wood right away so I can test these out!!

http://www.kcbakes.com/cake-pop-stands.html Here`s the official site from the one listed on Facebook.

fcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fcakes Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 10:37pm
post #11 of 22

It is easy to make our own and since you have dabbled in woodwork, it won't be that hard to do!

Debbye27 Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 2:30pm
post #12 of 22

I just wanted to share that I did end up making my own cake pop stand, and it came out so awesome! I was making rainbow cake pops so I made the stand a rainbow! I just used birchwood and then had my husband cut it and sand it and then I painted it and drilled in the holes.....it was a HUGE HIT!

Here's a picture icon_smile.gif
http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2259949/rainbow-cake-pops

Norasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Norasmom Posted 3 Feb 2012 , 7:29pm
post #13 of 22

Wow, you did a great job!!

Debbye27 Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 7:09pm
post #14 of 22

Thanks! I think my next one is going to be a dinosaur cake pop stand....I have a lot of wood and paint leftover- so I can do several more now icon_smile.gif

fcakes Posted 6 Feb 2012 , 9:47pm
post #15 of 22

wow... gr8 job! I'm planning to make some stands too... did you use a 5/32 drill bit to make sure the sticks stand well?

Debbye27 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 2:40am
post #16 of 22

actually I used a 11/64 bit - to go with lollipop sticks - it was a very snug fit- not even a wiggle...worked out perfectly.

fcakes Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 1:33pm
post #17 of 22

thnx! do you use the usual wilton sticks for cake pops?

Debbye27 Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 2:10pm
post #18 of 22

Yes, I bought a 100 count pack of the Wilton lollipop sticks.
I was going to drill with the 5/32 bit, but after testing it on scrap wood, the 11/64 worked better. What kind of cake pop stand are you making?
I used regular house paint from Behr- the sample colors at home depot are only 3.00 and I have so much paint leftover, I have so much wood leftover, too. I can't wait to make more!

huntlilbel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
huntlilbel Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 2:22pm
post #19 of 22

LOVE it!! thanks for the inspiration! icon_biggrin.gif

fcakes Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 9:43pm
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbye27

Yes, I bought a 100 count pack of the Wilton lollipop sticks.
I was going to drill with the 5/32 bit, but after testing it on scrap wood, the 11/64 worked better. What kind of cake pop stand are you making?
I used regular house paint from Behr- the sample colors at home depot are only 3.00 and I have so much paint leftover, I have so much wood leftover, too. I can't wait to make more!

Thank you!! I'll go with the 11/64 too then icon_biggrin.gif

I just want to make a regular square or rectangle stand to hold a dozen or 2 dozen cake pops... want to see what kind of response I get and experiment with cool patterns like yours!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 11:25pm
post #21 of 22

Wonder if pegboard would work - or are the holes too large?

Debbye27 Posted 8 Feb 2012 , 2:38am
post #22 of 22

They might work with the cookie sticks....and make sure you post pics fcbakes! I'll be making more soon, too - I just haven't been inspired again! Looking for some ideas....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%