Lounge By Cartus Updated 30 Jan 2012 , 4:06am by cheatize

Cartus Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 12:12pm
post #1 of 5

Hi Everyone...

I stumbled across this website while in search for some inspiration.. and I must say that I'm liking the talent!!

Here's a little bit about me.. I'm a 24 yr bioscience student from the UK. While I find science interesting, if the uni offered a degree in cake decorating then I would no doubt be doing that instead! ha. I'm self taught and have been making novelty cakes as a hobby since I was about 13 for family and friends. I've come a long way in this time but I'm still pretty much a beginner really.. soon I plan to venture into the realm of fondant icing decorations! icon_eek.gif

So yes, just a quick hello to you all.. I look forward to learning new things and being amongst people who share the same interests!

Take care, Cartie x[/b]

4 replies
Adevag Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:09pm
post #2 of 5

Hi Cartie and welcome,
I know you will find endless tips, ideas and inspirations for your future cakes on here. Many members (my guess would be most of the members) are self taught and are very helpful with sharing.

I am 30 y/o, a mother of three children (1st grade, K, and 3 y/o), and I'm at home with my youngest. I am also self taught but have a lot to learn. Thanks to all the great help and beautiful pictures of cakes (and cookies etc) here at CC I have a long list of new things I would like to try.
Whenever I'm not busy with playgroups, home work or hockey practice for the kids I get a chance to check one thing off of that list. icon_smile.gif

Have fun!

kakeladi Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 9:18pm
post #3 of 5

Welcome! Sounds like you are doing a good job as is. Take time to brows this site and you will learn oh sooooo much moreicon_smile.gif
I'm an 'old timer' now retired keeping up here w/new things and try to help those of you starting out.
My love is working in b'cream and adding fondant accents/decorations.

evadonker Posted 29 Jan 2012 , 2:38pm
post #4 of 5

cheatize Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 4:06am
post #5 of 5

Hello and welcome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%