I Need To Buy Rich's Bettercreme (Or An Alternative)....

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 26 Jan 2012 , 2:46pm by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:35am
post #1 of 6

Hi all,

I normally buy Rich's Bettercreme in the big buckets from Sam's Club. However we are moving and to hold me over i need to get some in smaller amounts for a little while... OR I thought I heard there is a version that you can keep unrefridgerated then whip up yourself when you need it. I am open to either.

Anyone know where I can buy it online? Or what stores typically cary it (I am currently in NC but will soon be in the Philly, PA area)

Thanks!!!

5 replies
CiNoRi Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:51am
post #2 of 6

Oh I am open to any of the other brands "Pastry Pride", "Frostin Pride" etc!

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:18pm
post #3 of 6

The liquid bettercreme and other brands have to be kept refrigerated or frozen until whipped. I buy a couple of quarts at a time and keep them in my freezer. You can usually find them at your local cake supply but you may have to ask because they're kept in the fridge. Smart and Final and Cash and Carry usually carry the liquid kind Also check Gordon Food Supply.

CiNoRi Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:25pm
post #4 of 6

oh ok i was confused... but that is ok, i can do that... just smaller quantities for a while is good... i dont use it as much as I have in the past... and with the move its one less big thing to worry with!

i'll see if any of those stores are in my area. thanks!!

BREN28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BREN28 Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:42pm
post #5 of 6

there's also one called "whip & ice" that i get from my cake supply store.i buy it in quart size and it does need to be kept frozen until ready to use. come's in vanilla,choc., and strawberry i think.

CiNoRi Posted 26 Jan 2012 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BREN28

there's also one called "whip & ice" that i get from my cake supply store.i buy it in quart size and it does need to be kept frozen until ready to use. come's in vanilla,choc., and strawberry i think.

Yeah I ran across a post about that last night. So far no luck on finding this locally or online... but ill keep looking!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%