Weird Request Of The Day, Perhaps Weirdest Of The Month!

Business By silverdragon997 Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 3:23am by silverdragon997

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:01am
post #1 of 11

I got this email today:

Hello-

We have a client pitch for which we are hoping to create a custom cake hopefully by next week.

Our ideal scenario is to create a beautiful real cake that a small stripper DOLL could pop out of (maybe 1 layer of real cake, the second tier could possibly be fake and covered with frosting to hide the mechanism). The idea would be that we would send the cake to someone, and when they opened it and pressed some sort of trigger, a small stripper doll would pop out of the top.

Is this something that you think you could help us with? If not exactly this then what could you do that would have a similar essence?

Thank you!

I think someone has been watching too much Ace of Cakes or something. Not only do I have no idea how I would even begin to figure something like that out, but they want it next week! I think my reply is going to be something along the lines of "Sorry, I have no idea how to make a stripper doll pop out of a cake!"

10 replies
idreamincupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idreamincupcakes Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:18am
post #2 of 11

icon_lol.gif The closest I have seen to that is a cake boss episode that a cross dresser popped out of a cake.

kelleym Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleym Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:30am
post #3 of 11

Hahahaha, that is hilarious. icon_lol.gif And on a week's notice, too.

Honeybees Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Honeybees Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:31am
post #4 of 11

Ok, so I don't know if this would work but as soon as you said pop out the top I thought of those toys little kids get where they push a button on the side of the toy and a clown or something pops out.
If it was me making this cake I would keep it as simple as possible.
Bake your bottom tier and cut a hole down the middle to put a pipe. Have the pipe go from the bottom of the cake all the way thru the bottom tier and the Styrofoam top tier. Have a thick down going thru the pipe, but smaller in length so your "stripper" can sit on a little platform on top of the dowel and still be able to hide.Have the cake board on top of a platform where you can have your "trigger" Have it deep enough so that when they press the button a little dowel from the side of the platform will push the dowel down the middle of the cake up and out pops your stripper.

http://www.pjentertainments.co.uk/new_images/red_high_striker1.jpg

I think this would be an example. they hit the button it presses on something which is attached to the main strength thing (sorry dont know the name but it would be your dowel) the force pushes the ball up (which would be your dowl) and ding ding ding you win.. a stripper!

Honeybees Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:37am
post #5 of 11

OR if your really adventurous you could use air. Have a little air pump at the bottom rather than dowels, then have the trigger push a burst of air thru the tubes and push your stripper up the pipe.. stripper would have to be light tho and maybe have a little wedge preventing the stripper from popping all the way out the cake and flying away!

This is fun!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:53am
post #6 of 11

Yaknow . . . someone earlier posted a site . . .let me find it.

BRB

leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:55am
post #7 of 11

cakesinmotion.com

check it out.

Honeybees Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:59am
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

cakesinmotion.com

check it out.

wow!

leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:04am
post #9 of 11

I know, right???

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:14am
post #10 of 11

Double wow on the fact that they will DELIVER a cake for up to 50 PEOPLE using this setup (local area) for $80 DOLLARS. That's ridiculous.

silverdragon997 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
silverdragon997 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:23am
post #11 of 11

Wow Leah! If I had any desire to attempt this, that might be a good place to start! I'd need way more than a week to wrap my head around it though. Trial and error, etc. I have other orders already, so no pop-up stripper cake for him! The cakes in motion people have an address in the same area I'm in though, so I bookmarked their page for future reference!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%