Not Offering Gum Paste Flowers

Decorating By 3sons Updated 24 Jan 2012 , 3:42pm by 3sons

3sons Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 1:18am
post #1 of 4

Hi!
Does anyone not offer gum paste florals? I am newer to decorating and to be very honest do not take much enjoyment in making gum paste flowers. Love everything else just not gum paste florals. I know you can order completed gum paste flowers and I wouldn't mind air brushing them or luster dusting them . Has anyone ever used the pre-made ones? Where they satisfactory? Is business harmed when you tell customers you only use fresh or silk flowers?
Thanks
icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
leah_s Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 2:59am
post #2 of 4

I have pretty much always used purchased gp flowers. I don't have the time or patience for that fiddly stuff. I still (unfortunately) have a huge inventory of white flowers that I could airbrush/dust/dip to turn them into any custom color. They're inexpensive to purchase, you can mark them up like whoa and they are very pretty.
avalondeco.com

DeniseNH Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:23am
post #3 of 4

I make all of mine myself. I really enjoy it but yes, some days it is a pain because of the time involved, but I can't tell you how much of a thrill it is to see the reaction of the guests when they realize (or are told) that the flowers are made of sugar. They're blown away. Maybe I'm not seeing the best of sugar flowers but the premade ones available at cake stores in our area are thick, lack detail and frankly aren't any better than an icing flower. But to ship them around the USA I guess they would have to be thick to withstand shipment.

3sons Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 3:42pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks Ladies. Its nice to to see both sides of the equation.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%