Leopard Print On Bc Icing ??

Decorating By cakebaker1957 Updated 25 Jan 2012 , 7:53pm by DeeDelightful

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 5:23pm
post #1 of 6

Can you do a neat job on Buttercream icing using buttercream to make the leopard print?? has anyone done this ?? Need any ideas before Feb 4
Thanks so much

5 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 10:01pm
post #2 of 6

Once you ice and smooth the cake,
I would use a #12 tip and pipe brown dots. Then use a #4, 5, or 7 tip and pipe a black dot toward the edge of the brown dot. Outline the brown dot in black. Wait on the icing to crust and use your finger to flattten the dots together. The shapes are random, but it's similar to leopard print. Just pipe your black dots in different areas of the brown dots.

Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:14pm
post #3 of 6

l I did it but I messed up the coloring and made the spots too small, didn't turn out as awesome as I envisioned. It's the purse cake in my pics. I found these cupcakes on line though! They look pretty!

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 11:29pm
post #4 of 6

You can also use viva paper towels to smooth the dots also, just like you do when you smooth your buttercream cakes.

cakebaker1957 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaker1957 Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

I would use a #12 tip and pipe brown dots. Then use a #4, 5, or 7 tip and pipe a black dot toward the edge of the brown dot. Outline the brown dot in black. Wait on the icing to crust and use your finger to flattten the dots together. The shapes are random, but it's similar to leopard print. Just pipe your black dots in different areas of the brown dots.

Thanks, i was thinking flating them out, do you have a pic with this technic?

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 25 Jan 2012 , 7:53pm
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakebaker1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeDelightful

Thanks, i was thinking flating them out, do you have a pic with this technic?

I'm afraid I don't have a good picture of the cake I did saved to my computer.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%