Anyone Know How To Do This Ruffled Top Cake Edge??

Baking By cocobean Updated 31 Jan 2012 , 7:31pm by Bridgette1129

cocobean Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 6:06am
post #1 of 10

Anyone know how this ruffle cake edge is done?

Thanks in advance!

9 replies
FleurDeCake Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 6:55am
post #2 of 10

looks like its done with a 1M tip

kendra_83 Posted 24 Jan 2012 , 12:28am
post #3 of 10

Definitely 1M

cocobean Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 6:05am
post #4 of 10

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried out the 1M tip the other day. I don't think it is the one that was used . The cake border in the link has a flatter looking ruffle. (hope that makes sense) I could not get the 1M to look exactly like it.
Any other guesses?

m_mckinney1 Posted 27 Jan 2012 , 4:09pm
post #5 of 10

It's the wilton 2D tip. I used one on my son's birthday cake (w/ red buttercream) & his brother said it "looked like flames!" icon_biggrin.gif

rowantree Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 1:36am
post #6 of 10

Definitely the 2D tip--also makes a nice Rose when swirled from the inside out.

Beaty419 Posted 30 Jan 2012 , 2:13am
post #7 of 10

2D for sure.

cocobean Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:15am
post #8 of 10

...thanks so much. I'm going to try the 2D ruffle and the rose!

FromScratchSF Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 5:43am
post #9 of 10

Erin is super sweet - you should PM her and ask what tip she used, I'm positive she'd tell you! She's here on CC or email her thru the TLB website.

Bridgette1129 Posted 31 Jan 2012 , 7:31pm
post #10 of 10

I've done that with a 2D icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%