clareg Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 11:05pm
post #1 of

ive been asked to make a cake for twins celebrating their 50th birthday the female likes birds and the male likes football (liverpool fc) and they both like cooking they want a big cake to feed about 50 people but im struggling to come up with any good ideas any help would be much appreciated please

11 replies
LisaPeps Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 11:32pm
post #2 of

Really?? The things people try and throw together in a cake... I have no ideas, shame on them for trying to combine 3 total random and uncomplimentary themes.

Good luck, if it were me I would suggest two separate cakes focusing on each twin as their own person.

cupncake1 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 11:46pm
post #3 of

Yeah I would definately suggest doing 2 seperate cakes, if not it's just going to be a random looking cake- I hate doing cakes I dont like but if that's what they ask for, maybe a topsy turvy with maybe 1 tier cooking another birds and the other football, arrrg, I like mine to look balanced too!

cheatize Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 11:52pm
post #4 of

How about a Ratatouille style cake? I big pot of soup cooking, a bird perched on the rim stirring, and a ball floating in the soup.

msthang1224 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:52am
post #5 of

Yes, I hate cakes they these that ppl think look good together...yr right, shame on them.

Cheatize, now thats a good idea.

ellawillow Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:19am
post #6 of

I have nothing to say that is actually going to help you lol - just wanted to say that from such a weird grouping - Cheatize your idea actually sounds great and something like that would work icon_smile.gif

gidgetdoescakes Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:52am
post #7 of

You could check my pics at the cardinal painting for one....and then incorporated rustic he man outdoorsey stuff lol

Evoir Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 6:07am
post #8 of

How about barbecuing birds in the middle of a soccer ground?

JWinslow Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 6:07am
post #9 of

Just curious - Are they looking for a humorous or traditional cake? Forgive me in advance cause I'm over tired and punchy but when I read your post all I kept seeing is birds playing soccer - lol I'm sorry...

clareg Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 9:27am

like that idea cheatize thanks.i like a challange but this is really taxing my little brain

gidgetdoescakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 5:43am

here it is

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2239343/cardinal-cake

gidgetdoescakes Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 5:43am

here it is

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2239343/cardinal-cake

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%