Does Any Of You Out There Bake 15" Round Shape Cake In

Decorating By newbie072 Updated 20 Jan 2012 , 5:46am by Unlimited

newbie072 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 4:38am
post #1 of 3

Question: Does any of you out there bake 15" round shape cake in your home oven and How was it?

My oven at home measurements was: (18" width by 15" deep), I was just wondering if 15" will bake or even fit. I don't have 15" round pan but I'm planning on getting one this week. Please advice anyone!!!....

2 replies
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 5:05am
post #2 of 3

Get 1/2 rounds, 15" is an odd size so I don;t know if they make those but I know they do 16 and 18".

http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=960&s=&name=Fat%20Daddio%27s%20Bakeware/Half%20Round%20Pans

Magic line also makes them. Google it if you don't find them at global sugar.

Unlimited Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 5:46am
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie072

My oven at home measurements was: (18" width by 15" deep), I was just wondering if 15" will bake or even fit.!!

Most likely, it won't fit. Measure the depth again, taking into account how much space is lost from the portion of the oven door that goes inside once it's closed. Also measure the interior racks. You can lose 12.25 inches considering both. You might be able to get around the rack factor by temporarily using the rack upside down so the pan will touch the back wall, otherwise the raised rod on the rack prevents this and the cake would bake uneven if the pan is able to sit on the rod. If you'd like to avoid flipping the rack, some people prop their pans up to clear the rod.... you can use a smaller pan (which may prevent the middle from baking thoroughly) or you can use other oven safe items around the perimeter like coffee cups, etc.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%