Where Is My Cc Magazine?

Decorating By waggs Updated 23 Jan 2012 , 3:25am by waggs

waggs Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
waggs Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 9:23pm
post #1 of 14

I subscribed to cc magazine over a year ago and still have not received the first iss. I have benn trying to contact cc for weeks and have not received a response. Was wondering if anyone else has this problem.

13 replies
Ramute64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ramute64 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 9:33pm
post #2 of 14

Yes, I have the same problem. I didn't receive any magazines and I paid for it March 2011. And nobody answers my e-mails. I think it's very poor way doing business.

waggs Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 9:39pm
post #3 of 14

I agree. The last year I only received a response after I posted this topic. They removed the topic and finally answered me. I figured I would try it again and maybe I would receive an answer

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 1:34am
post #4 of 14

The last update we received said it would be in our mailboxes early Jan. Nothing yet. I read somewhere we would be updated soon by email.

KayMc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayMc Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:02pm
post #5 of 14

We won't see our magazines. I paid $60 for this (I think that's what I remember), got 2 issues of a magazine I didn't care for, and then NOTHING. It really makes me mad.

They will remove this post when they see it. I posted something a few months about it, and it was removed from the message board.

waggs Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:43pm
post #6 of 14

I cannot even get someone to talk to to return my money. Bad way of doing business

cherylgeorge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherylgeorge Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 4:54pm
post #7 of 14

reason why i won't order!! sounds like to me, you need to dispute the charges on your credit cards, least this way you won't be out your $$ ! you'll get your money back with no problem and the credit card companys can deal with them from that point on thumbs_up.gif

waggs Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:05pm
post #8 of 14

Good idea. I didn't think of that!

waggs Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:07pm
post #9 of 14

Good idea. I didn't think of that!

julzs71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
julzs71 Posted 21 Jan 2012 , 5:20pm
post #10 of 14

Welcome to the idea that this is a sucky way to run a business. They can't answer a question or when they answer a question, they don't live up to it and then don't answer your question. Delete posts and say this isn't the right forum. Really! What forum is there that says "Your magazine idea sucked, and you screwed us all, but you don't want to give us an explanation?"

sweethands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweethands Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 2:33am
post #11 of 14

I received my refund pretty quick after waiting months for my new suscription and back issues. I worked with a VERY nice and helpful lady at:

Cake Central Media Corp Customer Service
1245 Auburn Way N. #135 Auburn, WA 98002
p: (866) 878-3133 | f: (866) 466-5998
[email protected]

Good Luck thumbs_up.gif

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 22 Jan 2012 , 2:50am
post #12 of 14

Kiss your $60 goodbye.

A dear friend ordered a subscription through Amazon.com for my birthday in September 2010. Yes, I did say 2010.

Sometime in late 2011 I received my first issue in the mail. It was the one with the Flora Aghababyan cake on the cover.

I closely followed the threads by others who were also dismayed by paying $60 and not receiving any issues. I closely followed the disappearance of each thread. I contacted CC several times and finally received an email from CakeCentral customer service saying that I could have a free download of one of the digital issues of my choice since I was "having problems". I downloaded the "free" digital issue.

We will never, ever, ever see any more magazines in print. Since my subscription was ordered: 1) as a gift, and 2) through Amazon.com; I can't even track it down to get the money returned.

Why they have STILL not shut down the entire magazine effort and declared a failure and bankruptcy of the magazine is a gigantic mystery. All I can come up with is that it is tied in some way with the CC website and if an admission of magazine insolvency is made, then the whole thing will come crashing down.

So sorry you are the latest to be taken in.

waggs Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 3:22am
post #13 of 14

Sweetcakes ,

Thanks for the info. I could not find a phone number for cc. I hope I can actually speak to someone. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again!!!!

waggs Posted 23 Jan 2012 , 3:25am
post #14 of 14

Sweetcakes ,

Thanks for the info. I could not find a phone number for cc. I hope I can actually speak to someone. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks again!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%