Edible Images In Chicago?!!!!

Decorating By Nic127 Updated 19 Jan 2012 , 10:52pm by JenFailla

Nic127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nic127 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 1:05pm
post #1 of 8

Can someone please let me know where I can order an edible image in the Chicago area? I've tried calling local supermarkets - Walmart, Jewel, etc - but they aren't willing to do it, especially if it's a trademark name. I need to make a Jack Daniel liquor bottle logo. I tried piping it and it was a miserable failure. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!!! icon_biggrin.gif

7 replies
nashcedeno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashcedeno Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snvdrPxaaeY&list=FLrrUI42xhwKdVvSh1CWy8sQ&index=40&feature=plpp_video

Its in Spanish but the images are very good. Trace with non toxic carbon sheet on both sides, you can find this at any Office Supplies and then color it or cut it like the video. This year I'm buying a printer for my edible images because their expensive here in Puerto Rico, if you can do the same just need a printer that can use edible ink cartridges and the sugar sheets. I hope I help you thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 5:01pm
post #3 of 8

Because its trademarked, you may have trouble finding someone, but there are many people on Ebay who will do it. http://stores.ebay.com/Cakes-4-Cause is one that I found that may be able to help

Nic127 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 7:28pm
post #4 of 8

Thank you both. That video is great! It would be much easier with a printer. Do you know if my printer is compatable with edible ink/paper can I use it if I still use it as a standard printer? Or do I need a dedicated printer for edible imaging?

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 7:45pm
post #5 of 8

It really must be dedicated. Ink gets everywhere in the printer so you really do not want to take a chance on getting someone sick....

Nic127 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 8:01pm
post #6 of 8

Makes sense. Thanks!

nashcedeno Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nashcedeno Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 10:38pm
post #7 of 8

like ice sad it has to be a printer that use only edible ink

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 10:52pm
post #8 of 8

I've always gone to carvel ice cream shops. Do you have those in the Chicago area? Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%