Can I Bake On Tuesday For A Sat Party?

Decorating By jess605 Updated 18 Jan 2012 , 7:42pm by AnnieCahill

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:50pm
post #1 of 4

I think this should be okay but am looking for some reassurance.

I have a family ski trip / cousin's 1st bday party to attend this weekend. I baked a 6in smash cake and cupcakes last night. Cupcakes were cooled and are now in tupperware at room temp. Cake was wrapped and placed in freezer. I plan to frost and decorate everything on Thursday night, travel Friday and serve Sat.

Am I going to run into problems with freshness with this timeline (Tuesday bake, Thursday decorate, Sat serve). I am more worried about the cupcakes since they aren't in the freezer.

Its a WASC cake with Indydebi's buttercream, if that makes a difference. Thanks!!

3 replies
billiev2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
billiev2000 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:08pm
post #2 of 4

I bake everything a few days in advance. That way if you have some sort of disaster you have time to fix it. I also freeze a lot of things (simply because I find them easier to carve, ice, etc.). I don't leave undecorated cakes out that long because they dry out. If I don't freeze them, I at least put a crumb coat on them. HTH.

jess605 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jess605 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I usually do 1-2 days in advance, but never this long. I am thinking I might pop the cupcakes into the freezer tonight when I get home and take them out Fri AM to frost Fri late AM before we leave. I have never had cupcakes out for 3.5 days. From other posts, sounds like I shouldn't have a problem freezing them...

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 4

I always freeze my cakes. I couldn't bake if I didn't freeze. Just double wrap everything with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. Thaw them on the counter IN the wrapper.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%