Ahh, Pearl Clay, How I Love Thee! Thank You Jennifer!

Decorating By alliecakes82 Updated 19 Jan 2012 , 12:02am by Gingerbread_from_Germany

alliecakes82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliecakes82 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 12:48am
post #1 of 9

So I worked with pearl clay for the first time this weekend. What can I say? It's just AWESOME! It is really strong, doesn't distort, takes on super pearl shine much better than fondant or gumpaste, and taste wonderful. I will keep gumpaste around for making fancy flowers and bows, but that's about it.

I can't say enough great things about Jennifer Dontz either. I have emailed her with several questions since watching her DVDs and she is just so helpful everytime.

Try it, you'll love it.

Allie

8 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:33am
post #2 of 9

Cool, a must try!!!

Yes, Jennifer D. is just awesome and always very helpful icon_smile.gif

ibmoser Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ibmoser Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 1:06pm
post #3 of 9

I love pearl clay, too - such a forgiving and durable medium. Jen has amazing customer service and so willingly shares her talent - wish I could take some of her classes.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 9:44pm
post #4 of 9

THANK YOU Allie!!!!

I'm thrilled you like pearl clay! I love it, too. I love to put good tasting products on my cakes. It makes THE best pressed lace, side ribbons, pearls and many other techniques, too.

Thank you again, for the kind words....

Sweet regards,

Jennifer Dontz
PS - Thanks ladies, for your kinds words, too!!! (((hugs))

Gingerbread_from_Germany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerbread_from_Germany Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 10:11pm
post #5 of 9

Hello,

I have been on Jennifers website looking for this "pearl clay" but I can't find it - can anybody help me out here please?

Much appreciated, thank you!
Marina

sillywabbitz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillywabbitz Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 10:40pm
post #6 of 9

Marina, You have to purchase one of the fondant DVDs. They are so worth the money.

shanter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shanter Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 11:09pm
post #7 of 9

Is it "The Easy And Tasty Way To Perfect Fondant DVD"?

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 11:40pm
post #8 of 9

Hopefully it's ok for me to answer. Fun With Fondant Frills outlines the making of the pearl clay from start to finish and shows many of it's uses.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif

Gingerbread_from_Germany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingerbread_from_Germany Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 12:02am
post #9 of 9

Hello,
Thank you all for your quick responses and the help, it is much appreciated!
I actually just sent a query on the sugar delites website, asking about shipping to Germany, as that is where I live at the moment. So hopefully I should have some information about that soon.
I do envy all you lovely ladies (and whatever lovely gents are out there sugarcrafting) who live in the U.S.A. You all have so very many brilliant resources at your fingertips, and not least of those, all those talented teachers you have over there. You are all very very lucky!

Thank you all and have a great evening, I'm going to bed now (1 am over here).

Keep smiling
Marina icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%