Just Ordered Georgetown Cupcakes...

Baking By Osgirl Updated 20 Jan 2012 , 6:17am by itsglobalbackerz

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:33am
post #1 of 37

I have been wanting to try their cupcakes, but I live so far away and would need them to be shipped. I could not imagine paying $29 for a dozen PLUS $26 for shipping. I'm on their e-mail list and they have a 24 hour promo code from tonight's episode (it's the weight of their world record cupcake). It's 40% off so the total was $33.

I almost didn't submit my order, but it's only for 24 hours and I've been wanting to try their cupcakes (especially some of the ones they have recipes for in their book).

I'll let you know what I think!

36 replies
FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:02am
post #2 of 37

Well, well, what's the promo code???

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:22am
post #3 of 37

$33 for cupcakes.....holy moses

FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:34am
post #4 of 37

$33 is cheaper then what I sell my cucpakes for... without shipping. Might as well try them while I can get them! So I really would like to order some now! Anyone have the code?? Because I am sitting thru this horrible episode waiting for them to say the final weight so I can finish my order.

gidgetdoescakes Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:44am
post #5 of 37

wow.........I would never spend that much haha

FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:52am
post #6 of 37

You would if you lived/visited San Francisco icon_wink.gif

FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 7:02am
post #7 of 37

Just ordered, thanks!

PS code was 2594

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 8:45am
post #8 of 37

Wow, I sell 12 cupcakes for $48. The same price for what my base price is for wedding cupcakes. I wouldn't price them any less because that would only encourage people to order more.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 10:02am
post #9 of 37

I can't wait to come to the US and visit some of the famous decorators! Fromscratchsf I am coming to San Fransisco icon_smile.gif I'll also be visiting LA and Las Vegas.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 12:13pm
post #10 of 37

I haven't personally tried them even though I live right down the road. My girlfriend just got a couple and said the cake was dry, the BC is gross and that mine were better, LOL .

I haven't really heard anything good from any of my friends who have bought them. I don't see myself buying any since I hate cupcakes, LOL .

FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 2:41pm
post #11 of 37

I'm honestly expecting to hate them just like I hate Sprnkles but curiosity has gotten the better of me!

neelycharmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
neelycharmed Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 2:57pm
post #12 of 37

Nothing to say about their cupcakes BUT I have tried cakeology cupcakes from Boston, and they were fantastic!!!
She won cupcakes wars last year, so I was super curious- and they were better then I could have imagined!
boston cream, red velvet and double chocolate icon_smile.gif
So if anyone is heading to Boston, I recommend Cakeology!
Jodi icon_smile.gif

AnnieCahill Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 3:59pm
post #13 of 37

Jen, I'll send you some if I go. My girlfriend told me that their icing is just like the local bakery here in our town, which is straight up Criscocream. Blech!

FromScratchSF Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 4:38pm
post #14 of 37

Thanks Annie, but I actually ordered some with that discount code.

And honestly I want to examine their packaging to see how they ship. I've seen pictures, but I'd like the "user" experience.

Yes, I am seriously considering adding shipping to my cupcakes very very soon. Especially if I get on Cupcake Wars icon_biggrin.gif

Crazyforcupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazyforcupcakes Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:57pm
post #15 of 37

Thanks for the code. I just had to try them. I'll let you know how they taste after Jan. 27th!

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 6:48pm
post #16 of 37

Hi Osgirl, Thanks for posting this. I am going to place my order now with the special promotion icon_biggrin.gif

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 11:54pm
post #17 of 37

I've made several of their recipes from their book and I'm not overly impressed with most which is why I want to try them straight from their bakery!

I love their cream cheese frosting, vanilla cupcake, and milk chocolate frosting. Otherwise I prefer the other cupcake recipes I've made and tweaked.

I think $33 is CHEAP! A local cupcake shop (which was been on Cupcake wars) charges that for a dozen w/o shipping.

BTW, the promo code is good through midnight eastern time tonight. icon_smile.gif

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 1:43am
post #18 of 37

Well, I tried to order mine, but the jerks won't ship to Alaska icon_sad.gif

you know, since we're on another planet and all

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 2:19am
post #19 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

I want to try your cupcakes even more now after your cupcake wars audition video. Seven 1st place awards?!

FromScratchSF Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:29am
post #20 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette1129

Quote:

I want to try your cupcakes even more now after your cupcake wars audition video. Seven 1st place awards?!

icon_redface.gif Well, honestly it was 4x1st, 2x2nd and 1 x Most Creative at Iron Cupcake. But won Best Bay Area Cupcake and Crowd Favorite at Vino Moda's Cupcake Wars. The gal that cut the tape kinda smooshed all that together for time constraints icon_biggrin.gif

gidgetdoescakes Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 3:38am
post #21 of 37

NO, I wouldnt even pay $10,00 lol, but thats just me

Spooky_789 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spooky_789 Posted 19 Jan 2012 , 11:00pm
post #22 of 37

So how were the cupcakes?

FromScratchSF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 12:01am
post #23 of 37

To be fair, they are exactly what I expected.

Lots of fake extracts and flavors. Lots of food coloring. Frosting is gritty. It's something I am glad I got at a discount.

I am mostly irritated at the packaging. A box in a box in a box in a box. Obscene waist of paper and natural resources for freakin cupcakes. You would have though they were shipping a dozen faberge eggs with how these things were packed!

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 12:28am
post #24 of 37
Quote:

To be fair, they are exactly what I expected.

Lots of fake extracts and flavors. Lots of food coloring. Frosting is gritty. It's something I am glad I got at a discount.

I am mostly irritated at the packaging. A box in a box in a box in a box. Obscene waist of paper and natural resources for freakin cupcakes. You would have though they were shipping a dozen faberge eggs with how these things were packed!

You know I really just can not wrap my mind around things with fake flavors being such a hit. I swear, I will never get that!

FromScratchSF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 12:38am
post #25 of 37

Yeah, actually, the lemon cupcake? Had one of those fake gummy jelly lemons things on top? They managed to make the entire cupcake, cake and frosting, taste just like it. Odd, really. Just one example.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 12:43am
post #26 of 37

On a related note, I stopped by the local Gigi's cupcake shop and bought a couple yesterday.
I. Seriously. Don't. Get. It.
Tasted like a cake mix to me. $3.25 each. Slightly bigger than standard size, but not jumbo either.

FromScratchSF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 12:53am
post #27 of 37

Never heard of Gigi's. Huh. I'll have to google them. Had a Sprinkles. Same thing. They are all about the same.

AnnieCahill Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 1:16am
post #28 of 37

Thanks for the update Jen. I'll spend the time I would have spent in line there at the Crime & Punishment Museum instead. Super awesome place. icon_wink.gif

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 1:55am
post #29 of 37

Gigi's - bleh. We have them here as well and someone got me one for my birthday. There is far more icing than cake. Like 3 inches of sugary sweet icing. Thanks but no thanks.

I don't get the fake flavors too - they're so obvious.

QTCakes1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QTCakes1 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 2:26am
post #30 of 37

There is a cupcake shop here, only one, that it is ALL scratch. I personally love cake, BUT when you make it, you really don't want to eat it. Kind of like when you cook all day for Thanksgiving, you don't feel like eating...or maybe that's just me. Anyway, every blue moon, I will get a cuocake fromt here and it is just so from scatch and totally awesome that I don't get how some of the other places can compete with this place. But then again she is always sold out and they aren't. And no, this is not for strategy, I know the owner.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%