post #31 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromScratchSF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridgette1129

Quote:

You would if you lived/visited San Francisco icon_wink.gif

I want to try your cupcakes even more now after your cupcake wars audition video. Seven 1st place awards?!

icon_redface.gif Well, honestly it was 4x1st, 2x2nd and 1 x Most Creative at Iron Cupcake. But won Best Bay Area Cupcake and Crowd Favorite at Vino Moda's Cupcake Wars. The gal that cut the tape kinda smooshed all that together for time constraints icon_biggrin.gif

Still makes me want to try them! Haha. Congrats! You must have some tasty cakes!

Bridgette1129 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bridgette1129 Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 3:00am
post #32 of 37
Quote:

Never heard of Gigi's. Huh. I'll have to google them. Had a Sprinkles. Same thing. They are all about the same.

I don't get it either! I live near Seattle and we have Cupcake Royale, New York Cupcakes, Trophy Cupcakes and a few more, none are chains outside of the Seattle area.

They all have their pros and cons but New York Cupcakes is by far my favorite. I wouldn't say any of them taste "fake" but some are dry and some frostings obviously have shortening. I don't get how theyre successful...

Osgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Osgirl Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 3:00am
post #33 of 37

Mine will be here tomorrow, so I'll let you all know what I thought!

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 3:15am
post #34 of 37

Lets not get all crazy here... I mean, don't get me wrong, these are totally cupcakes for the masses, that's for sure and if I was comparing cupcakes for the masses, these are good. I especially don't mind them because they are at an appropriate price point (IMHO) and not tying to be "gourmet" or "artisan" or whatever. Now, if they were passing these bad girls off at $3.50 a cupcake, like all the junk-@ss cupcake shops in my area, I'd be a lot more down on them because clearly those shops are trying to capitalize on stupid people with dead taste buds and fists full of cash. But these? They are OK for what they are.

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 6:09am
post #35 of 37

wow

gidgetdoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gidgetdoescakes Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 6:10am
post #36 of 37

wow

itsglobalbackerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsglobalbackerz Posted 20 Jan 2012 , 6:17am
post #37 of 37

Nice price.......... icon_cool.gificon_biggrin.gificon_razz.gif