Delivery Disaster

Decorating By princesszoey Updated 17 Jan 2012 , 3:25pm by CarolLee

princesszoey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
princesszoey Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 5:05am
post #1 of 2

I stayed up all night making each animal for the noahs ark cake just perfect. I put it in the back of my SUV (1st mistake) and drive nearly 20 minutes on bumpy highways and roads. I was gettting a bad feeling, having had cakes settle and shift during delivery before, but this was a REALLY bad feeling. I get out walk around to the back of the car, peer in the window and almost fell to the ground! The cake hadn't just fallen or shifted, it had completely fallen apart, looking as if it had been dropped on the ground (and kicked a few times). Because the cake was in the shape of a boat with a narrow bottom it didn't have the stability of an "average" cake. But the absolute worse part, it was for MY nephews 1st Birthday. I couldn't turn and run, I had to walk into my mother-in-laws with tears in my eyes and a mangled cake in my hands. Luckily I do "photo shoots" of my cakes so I showed them was it used to look like. icon_cry.gif

1 reply
CarolLee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolLee Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 3:25pm
post #2 of 2

I am soo sorry this happened to you! I had an ark to crater last year too...it just hurt my heart so bad. Sometimes it just happens. Was it chilled? I swore when my delivery went bad last year I'd never transport another cake unless it came straight out of the cooler....so far so good!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%