Dome Cake Help

Decorating By xPoppyx Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 10:21pm by b-fly

xPoppyx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xPoppyx Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 8:27pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone icon_smile.gif I'm new heree & a bit of a newbie to cake decorating!
I've been asked to make a turtle cake for somebody, for the shell I've been advised to do this part using a bowl.
One person suggested using a pyrex bowl to bake in, however another person I spoke to advised cooking the cake in the microwave using a microwaveable bowl (not pyrex).

Anybody got any tips? I don't actually have a pyrex bowl at the moment so without one would be easiest lol, but if it means the cake will come out better obviously I'll get a pyrex bowl icon_lol.gif

Thank you for any info!!

xxxxx

3 replies
b-fly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b-fly Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 4

hi I dont think you can cook your cake in the mircowave. I actually used a cake pan from wilton to make a turtle. it's the soccer pan and it worked really well. maybe you can go out and buy it at Michaels and use a coupon for 40%off, it came out to less than 9.00. are you covering it in fondant? You can see my pic online on facebook Mariposa's Sweets. let me know how it comes out.

xPoppyx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xPoppyx Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 4

Just looked at your cake it's beautiful! I live in the UK so I don't know what Michaels is lol! Thanks though, I'm going to try and find a ball pan tomorrow icon_smile.gif and yes I am going to cover it in fondant, I'll keep you updated with how it turns out! xxxx

b-fly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
b-fly Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 10:21pm
post #4 of 4

Thank you! I'm sure you can find it online. When do you have to make it by? oh and for the head you can use rice krispy treats so you dont have to use all fondant. Good Luck! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%