WeezyS Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 4:13pm
post #1 of

Hi,
I was sent an e-mail from this company about a Canon Pixma iP3600 printer that includes ink cartridges (inkedibles refillable cartridges is the brand) for $159.95 and only $2.95 shipping.

This seems like a good deal. Has anyone used this printer for edible printing or ever heard of this company? I'd like your input on this item.
The company is called refill bay.com, here is the link to the printer:

http://refillbay.com/product/edible-printer-system-inkedibles-canon-pixma-ip3600-bundle.php?ref=AWEI&gclid=CPaGv_3H0K0CFUHc4Aoden7XmQ

Thanks for your help. icon_smile.gif

13 replies
icingimages Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 5:54pm
post #2 of

Ok, I took a look for you. This is a new company, no history on them at all in edibles. The icign sheets appear to be Kopykakes. The ink cartridges appear to be sponged, not sponge free. The printer...that is what they say it is, a Canon ip3600. It doesnt appear to have any special warranty on it probably no more than what Canon does. In edible printing, the supplies and the company are what you want to consider. The printer, no brainer, canon only. My other posts discuss why. So, if it were me, and I wanted to purchase items inexpensively, and not worry about warranties, I would purchase the printer seperately. I would go after the CAnon mg5220. I like it better then the 3600. In my experience it seems to be a better choice. I would then purchase the ink from a reputable source as that is what is going to make or break your printing experience. If indeed they are just reselling KK products, buy from the manufacturer if you want KK products. If you are looking for more quality and a reputable company, then that may not be your best option. In my posts, I discuss in detail each individual part of purchasing printers and what is out there for you to better understand the process. I am always available to answer any questions at any time.

WeezyS Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 6:30pm
post #3 of

Thanks, Debbie for the information.

I do have an edible printer that I purchased from you many years ago. (the Canon PixmaMP130).
If you recall ,I was having some problems a little while back and you and your staff gave alot of help.

I appreciate your advice, and will go by that. I am ready to upgrade so if I buy a printer, I will most likely purchase the ink from you. You've never let me down.
thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 6:37pm
post #4 of

You dont forget a customer with a printer that old!!!! You will love the new printers!!! There is such a difference from the old 2 cartridge printers! Thank you for your kind words!

WeezyS Posted 17 Jan 2012 , 11:49pm
post #5 of

Hi Debbie,
I found a good price on a Canon mg5220.
I was just wondering which ink I would order from you for it? Is it the 5 cartridge set?
Thanks

icingimages Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 1:55am
post #6 of

When you go to our website, you will be able to use the drop down menu to select your printer and it will lead you to the right printer.

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 2:46pm
post #7 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Ok, I took a look for you. This is a new company, no history on them at all in edibles. The icign sheets appear to be Kopykakes. The ink cartridges appear to be sponged, not sponge free. The printer...that is what they say it is, a Canon ip3600. It doesnt appear to have any special warranty on it probably no more than what Canon does. In edible printing, the supplies and the company are what you want to consider. The printer, no brainer, canon only. My other posts discuss why. So, if it were me, and I wanted to purchase items inexpensively, and not worry about warranties, I would purchase the printer seperately. I would go after the CAnon mg5220. I like it better then the 3600. In my experience it seems to be a better choice. I would then purchase the ink from a reputable source as that is what is going to make or break your printing experience. If indeed they are just reselling KK products, buy from the manufacturer if you want KK products. If you are looking for more quality and a reputable company, then that may not be your best option. In my posts, I discuss in detail each individual part of purchasing printers and what is out there for you to better understand the process. I am always available to answer any questions at any time.




Hi Debbie,
Please excuse my ignorance, but can I buy a printer from a local retailer and use it with edible ink cartridges ( as long as I buy one that is compatible with the edible ink cartridges available ). I understand that it obviously must not have been used with the normal printer inks.
Your advice would be much appreciated.
TIA

icingimages Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 5:04pm
post #8 of

Of coarse you can. You will have problems if you ever need it serviced by Canon. While by law they have to help you, they are not always nice about it. We are glad to help anyone who purchases printers from somewhere else, but we cannot pay for it. So while we can help you troubleshoot, we cannot warranty it.

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 6:12pm
post #9 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

Of coarse you can. You will have problems if you ever need it serviced by Canon. While by law they have to help you, they are not always nice about it. We are glad to help anyone who purchases printers from somewhere else, but we cannot pay for it. So while we can help you troubleshoot, we cannot warranty it.




Many thanks for clarifying thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 6:55pm

No problem. We recommend the Canon mg5220 if you plan to do it this way.

WeezyS Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 7:21pm

mmmmmmmmcake1954,

If you are interested, I just found the printer(that icingimages recommends) online at Walmart.com for $55.00. This is a really good deal! They also sell it in the store, but my local Walmart was all out.

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 8:03pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeezyS

mmmmmmmmcake1954,

If you are interested, I just found the printer(that icingimages recommends) online at Walmart.com for $55.00. This is a really good deal! They also sell it in the store, but my local Walmart was all out.




Thank you WeezyS, but I am in the UK, so will have to check out what deals we have here. thumbs_up.gif

icingimages Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 8:43pm

try walmart online...

mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 18 Jan 2012 , 8:52pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by icingimages

try walmart online...




Will do thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%