How Do I Work Out The Size Of Shapes For Soccer Ball Cake?

Decorating By jennifercullen Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 7:56pm by HappyCake10609

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 3:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have just got a tin to make a football/soccer ball cake, but have no idea what size pentagons/hexagons to use and it didn't come with any template I've heard people mention icon_sad.gif. How can I work out what size shapes to use? Hopefully I'll be able to work it out so that I can print the templates out at work in about 3 hours..
Any help would be RRREEEAAALLLLLLYYY appreciated icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 3:31pm
post #2 of 4

This template is for the Wilton Soccer Ball Pan, which I'm assuming is the one you bought:
http://www.wilton.com/downloads/patterns/soccerball.pdf

The Sports Ball ban is a different size (smaller), but should be available on Wilton's website as well, if that is the one you have.

jennifercullen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jennifercullen Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks so much! I'm not entirely sure which it is, i only hired it, but I think it may be the sports ball... i will have a look anyway! Thanks again icon_smile.gif

HappyCake10609 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HappyCake10609 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 4

The Sports Ball Pan is a 6" sphere, it has 2 bowls that you bake in and put together to have a ball... the other pan, not sure the exact name is only 1/2 sphere and it's larger- maybe 8" or 10" (I don't have it so I'm not exactly sure). The template for the 1/2 sphere is in the link I posted. If you need the template for the Sport Ball Pan it's the same shapes but smaller... Mine came with the template in the box, but you can probably google "Soccer Template for the Wilton Sports Ball Pan" and find it icon_smile.gif Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%