Cream Cheese Icing

Decorating By babycakes06 Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 7:44pm by babycakes06

babycakes06 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 4:43am
post #1 of 4

I am new to this forum and I am really glad that I found it! I recently started making cakes to sell and I have had a few disasters. Mainly with cakes that ask for CC Icing. I made a 2 layer cake that slid all over the place and I was so disappointed to even show it javascript:emoticon('icon_redface.gif') Now I have an order for a 2 tier Chocolate cake with CCI and she wants it covered in fondant. PLEASE HELP!! I am scared this cake is not going to make it to the 2nd tier. The clients husband hated buttercream and will only eat cream cheese.

3 replies
cakeladyforgod Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 5:23am
post #2 of 4

Hope this will help and not many will be offended by how I solved that problem. In making the cci I decided to not follow the usual recipes. The recipe I have started using is: 4 oz, cream cheese, 1/4 cup shortening, 1 lb. confectioners sugar, 1/2 tsp. vanilla and 1/2 tsp. butter flavoring. Beat cc and shortening first and also make sure cc is room temp. Mix the rest and beat til smooth. This makes a frosting that is not as soft so it doesn't seem to run off the cake. Works for me anyway. Best of luck.

funtodecorate2 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 4:15pm
post #3 of 4

I just got done using the crusting cc recipe in the recipe secton by Edencakes. It's the last 2 pics in my photos. They are both all Cream cheese and it works very well. I believe it is very similar to the post ahead of me. Great tasting and very stable. Freezes well also.

babycakes06 Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks for your advice! I actually found a recipe in my Cake Bible that suggests using white chocolate to help keep it stable icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%