How To Prevent Sticking?

Baking By mamasquishy Updated 16 Jan 2012 , 11:25pm by AnnieCahill

mamasquishy Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 7:31pm
post #1 of 9

How can I keep a moist cake from sticking? I have used spray, flour, and shortening all without any cake removal luck---at least when using a moister recipe than others. Any tips??

8 replies
leah_s Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 7:44pm
post #2 of 9

I've used pan grease for years. Mix up equal parts of flour, veg shortening and oil, whip till it's fluffy then paint on the pan with a pastry brush. It's worked for decades.

Beaty419 Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 9

Line the inside of pan with butter then line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper. Works every time icon_biggrin.gif

BlakesCakes Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 9:43pm
post #4 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

I've used pan grease for years. Mix up equal parts of flour, veg shortening and oil, whip till it's fluffy then paint on the pan with a pastry brush. It's worked for decades.

Yep, this homemade version or Wilton makes a version in a squeeze bottle that's very handy. Cakes come out so easily with no crispy edges.

I line the bottom of the pan with parchment, too.

Rae

Caths_Cakes Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 9:54pm
post #5 of 9

i always line my pans icon_smile.gif bottom and sides icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 9:57pm
post #6 of 9

I line the bottom and sides with parchment. No crispy edges and no sticking. In the UK that make pre-cut pan sizes for the bottom and we have a roll which is approx 4" wide which is really easy to just trim to the right length for the pan.

KoryAK Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 6:17am
post #7 of 9

Parchment paper, parchment paper, parchment paper! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 8:20pm
post #8 of 9

How long are you leaving it in the pan?

AnnieCahill Posted 16 Jan 2012 , 11:25pm
post #9 of 9

I only let mine rest in the pan for about five minutes before I turn it out. I use Baker's Joy spray and for the larger sizes I do line the bottom with parchment.

Annie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%