How Long Do You Give A Customer To Pick Up Cake?

Business By Delectability Updated 15 Jan 2012 , 5:05pm by Delectability

Delectability Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delectability Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 6

Hey all,

Had to get a new profile. How long do you give a customer to pick up the cake before giving them a courtesy call?

They called earlier to see what time it would be ready b/c at the beginning of the week I said it might be ready before noon. They called at 9am and I said it was right on schedule for noon.

It's 1230 now and I'm figuring by 130 if I don't see or hear from them I'll give the cust a call.

What do you guys think?

Thanks.[/img]

5 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:47pm
post #2 of 6

Hi,

I have gone thru the same thing and YES, you should call after waiting for 1hr after pickup.

elliespartycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elliespartycake Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 8:02pm
post #3 of 6

When I have a cake being picked up by the customer I tell them when to pick it up. I ask what time they need it and based on that I give them an end time for pick up. I'll say, for instance. "Your cake will be ready by 11am. Can you pick it up before noon?" That way I have given them a window of time, but I'm not tied down, having to wait for them. If they haven't picked up by 15 min before your end time (in this case 11:45) I call and remind them.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 11:57pm
post #4 of 6

You can also tell them that you might have to leave at XXXXX time, and that you can't guarantee that you'll be there after that. That usually makes them get there on time!

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 12:50am
post #5 of 6

I began setting firm pickup times because if you don't..They'll show up when they feel like it...I have pickups after 1:00 on fridays and before 12 noon on Saturdays only..N Sundays..That way I still have my saturday afternoons and sundays to myself..If you don't specify a time...You 'll be waiting around all the time.

Delectability Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Delectability Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 5:05pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks for the replies. She came about 15 minutes later.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%