Friday Night Cake Club 1/13/12

Decorating By catlharper Updated 14 Jan 2012 , 4:22pm by step0nmi

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 4:59am
post #1 of 9

Hi everyone! Opening up another FNCC for January! Sorry to be late, I'm outta town and have been having connection issues! Who's up? Whatcha workin on?

Cat

8 replies
catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:02am
post #2 of 9

I'm in the Bay Area this weekend meeting with clients. I had two meetings today, 3 more for tomorrow and then a Bridal Faire with one Bride on Sunday and another meeting with a baby shower mom that afternoon. SO busy weekend!
Due this business all I really have this week to share a this Wedding Cupcakes. Did up a dozen for tasting for this weekeend meetings. I will post those next week.

How is everyone else doing?

Cat

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:27am
post #3 of 9

wow! and i thought i was busy! i'm taking my mini breaks while me and my husband work on a 6&8" stacked police car and fire truck cake, 45 baby shower cupcakes (DONE) and a 6" cake for the parents to be icon_biggrin.gif

yea, my back is already hurting. both of these do in the early afternoon so we have to keep pushing on! this is the real first time my husband is helping me with a FULL cake!

catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:34am
post #4 of 9

WOW!! That cake sounds amazing! I can't wait to see it! And, yes, that sounds like a very crowded weekend of work for you. I get a bonus of seeing my kids since they live in the Bay Area so I get to see our grown girls and our grandkids so it's a fun trip as well. My younger daughter is my business partner so she's here to go to most of the meetings s with me...so its not all bad.

Cat

step0nmi Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 5:42am
post #5 of 9

sounds like a good weekend for you too! i'm in the midwest and we just got our first snow yesterday so i'm happy.

I should clarify (realizing i'm getting tired) the baby shower cupcakes and the other cake are two separate orders LOL

catlharper Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 6:02am
post #6 of 9

This is my second such weekend since November...setting up the rest of my year. We run an event company too so two of the meetings I have this weekend is fo rthat as well as the cakes. I have to surrender the computer now so I'll catch the rest of any posts that come in tomorrow! Safe deliveries!

Cat

step0nmi Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 10:06am
post #7 of 9

it's 4am here and we've decided to call it quitting time. police car and fire truck cake already look awesome, but needs a little extra! lol. time for some sleep!

squiglychops Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
squiglychops Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 11:23am
post #8 of 9

That's a seriously late night!

step0nmi Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 4:22pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by squiglychops

That's a seriously late night!

yes, it is! i haven't had two orders due in one day, ever! icon_eek.gif but, we needed the money badly. also, when you are already working a pt job during the day it dampens on the time you can start...and yesterday i was training someone so i left extra late....sucks for me. but i'm really happy with the outcome. my husband helped A LOT! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%