Finally Moving Into The Philly, Pa Area!

Decorating By CiNoRi Updated 15 Jan 2012 , 2:42am by CiNoRi

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:56pm
post #1 of 5

Hi all!

We have begun our move up to the Philly, PA area and I was wondering if you all can recomend any good local suppliers for cake stuff? I am open to any supplies and ideas. I usually order online but having local stores would be wonderful as well!!!

Thanks!

4 replies
writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 5

I live in the Philly suburb of Bucks County. Around me there is: Peddler's Village in Lahaska has a kitchen store which sells Ateco pastry tips and bags. KP Kitchen Crafts, 222 South York Rd, Hatboro, PA. Herb's Hobbies and Crafts has some cake decorating supplies, 200 West State St. in Doylestown. Oasis Supply in Bensalem has a large selection. I don't know their exact address but their website is oasissupply.com and they have a retail outlet store and a showroom.

The Philly area is huge so there are probably others within the city itself and in other surrounding counties.

JillyPlot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JillyPlot Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 6:40pm
post #3 of 5

I live in Bucks County as well, just outside of Northeast Philly. I love Oasis. There is also a way to order from their website and pick it up in store, I just haven't done that yet. They have many more items on the website/in the warehouse than are in the showroom. I also know there is somewhere on Torresdale Ave. in the Northeast. I haven't been there and can't recall the name, but I do know someone who said they like shopping there. I think there are a few other places in the city, but I'm not sure of where. HTH

Welcome to Philly!!

writersblock15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
writersblock15 Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 7:02pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyPlot

I live in Bucks County as well, just outside of Northeast Philly. I love Oasis. There is also a way to order from their website and pick it up in store, I just haven't done that yet. They have many more items on the website/in the warehouse than are in the showroom. I also know there is somewhere on Torresdale Ave. in the Northeast. I haven't been there and can't recall the name, but I do know someone who said they like shopping there. I think there are a few other places in the city, but I'm not sure of where. HTH

Welcome to Philly!!

I'm not too far from Holland. I live in Yardley but most of my immediate family lives in Richboro.

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 15 Jan 2012 , 2:42am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillyPlot

Welcome to Philly!!

I'm not too far from Holland. I live in Yardley but most of my immediate family lives in Richboro.

Awesome! We are actually in Yardley as well! For now anyways- a tiny temp apartment. We are still going back and forth with NC and will eventually be looking for a house within the area. For now i'm just trying to get to know the area a bit icon_wink.gif
I dropped by Oasis the other day - ordering online for pick up seems to be the best idea. Their "store" doesn't show their actual selection icon_sad.gif.but I will definitely keep them in mind. I can't wait to check out the other spots mentioned. Back in NC I had one decent place to go, but even then most of my stuff came from GSA & Jesters. Having local places in rather nice!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%