Lego Cake

Decorating By MollyHammond Updated 14 Jan 2012 , 8:16am by hollyml

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 3:42pm
post #1 of 8

I have searched for a tutorial on how to make a lego cake. I get the cake part it's those little knobby things on top that has me stumped. I am sure it is obvious but I can't fugure it out.
Thanks,
Molly

7 replies
LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:29pm
post #2 of 8

Are you making one big lego piece or a lot of little ones?

MollyHammond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MollyHammond Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:33pm
post #3 of 8

I would like to make both. Congrats on your weight loss Keep up the hard work. I have lost 80lbs. If I can do it without surgery anybody can.
Molly

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 4:42pm
post #4 of 8

I made one recently. I used a round circle cutter and cut out the knob size I wanted. I let it dry for a day or so then just placed it on my cake. HTH.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 13 Jan 2012 , 8:02pm
post #5 of 8

For the small ones just cut out fondant circles. For big ones I'd put something under the fondant so that the lumps are there when you cover the cake. Either a thin bit of cake, fondant or chocolate circles.

TLipp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TLipp Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 1:34am
post #6 of 8

Hi there! I am new to cakecentral but I do have a suggestion for the knobs ontop of the Lego cake. I used a muffin pan and took the tops off and used the bottom. Covered them in fondant separately from the rest of the cake, cut out the spots where the knobs were to be placed and inserted them in, worked like a charm!!

dukeswalker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dukeswalker Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 1:36am
post #7 of 8

I had to made a gluten free, dairy free dye free lego cake for a little guy with autism - I simply rolled out my fondant extra think and then used a round cutter to cut out circles and placed those on my cake. (you can see it in my photos...its a white lego)

hollyml Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hollyml Posted 14 Jan 2012 , 8:16am
post #8 of 8

Thick fondant, cake baked in a thin sheet, or cookies, cut out with a round biscuit cutter.
Marshmallows can work too (split in half). Or cupcakes, but with cupcakes you get slanted sides which is not accurate for Lego studs. Depends just how crazy you want to be about it. icon_smile.gif

My son doesn't like fondant so for his Lego cake I used cutout cake circles, and frosted with buttercream. I put each circle on a flower nail to ice and then froze it. Once the bc was frozen I could place the stud on the rectangular 'brick' cake without messing up the frosting.

I think a petit four type icing could work too; you could put the studs on the cake and then pour the icing over the whole thing at once.

Holly

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%