Buttercream Help!!!

Decorating By Fenix_3101 Updated 12 Jan 2012 , 12:11pm by AnnieCahill

Fenix_3101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Fenix_3101 Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 9:45am
post #1 of 2

Hi everyone,

I have to make around 120 cupcakes and a 6" round cake for a party. The 6" is to be covered in fondant and the cupcakes are to be frosted with buttercream.
My dilemma is, how far in advance can I bake and frost the cupcakes, and can they be refrigerated after being frosted?I live in Australia and during summer it reaches well over 100 degrees which makes me worry about the frosting melting. Due to the amount I have to make I was hoping it would be possible to make them thru the week for the Saturday. Any info and advice on options for making this work would be GREATLY appreciated.

1 reply
AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 12:11pm
post #2 of 2

I would freeze them after baking, and then take them out of the freezer and ice them. I don't think it should take that long to ice that many cupcakes, so I would ice them the day before. Making the buttercream will suck, but once you get moving you can go pretty fast. Then if you need to, you can pop them in the fridge as you're icing them. I wouldn't leave them in the fridge for too long because that can dry out baked goods.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%