Curlz Font On Cake?

Decorating By lessthanrach Updated 28 Feb 2013 , 9:50pm by jewelsdixon

lessthanrach Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 3:43am
post #1 of 5

There are so many cakes on here that have names on them with what looks like the curlz font. I've searched forever trying to figure out how they are doing that. It looks like it was cut from a cricut. I have the cricut but can't find a curlz font! can anyone help me?

4 replies
heartsnsync Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 3:57am
post #2 of 5

Perhaps you are referring to the funky alphabet set from Tappits. Take a look at that and see if it is what you are looking for.

lessthanrach Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 3:32pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for replying. I looked it up and its exactly what i was looking for. I just ordered some. Thanks for your help icon_biggrin.gif

heartsnsync Posted 12 Jan 2012 , 6:50pm
post #4 of 5

At first when I got the cutters I was sorry I had bought them but after playing around with them I got hem mastered and now love them. The key is to roll your fondant out very thin (like less than 1/16") and then let it sit for a few minutes. The way it is easiest for me is to roll the fondant out thin then cut it into strips and then roll each strip out even thinner until I achieve the correct thickness. Then, to cut the letters, cut off squares from the fondant strips to a little bit bigger than the size of the letter you want to cut. Press the Tappit down with your desired letter on the fondant and then rub it back and forth on your board (I use a silicone mat for this) until you have a clean cut. Remove the excess and then tap, tap, tap until the letter falls out of the cutter. HTH

jewelsdixon Posted 28 Feb 2013 , 9:50pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you for sharing Im am excite to try this

Quote by @%username% on %date%