Hershey's Chocolate Cake Vs. Chocolate Wasc Version

Baking By KMKakes Updated 29 May 2014 , 4:47pm by married2kitchen

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 21 Mar 2014 , 1:46pm
post #31 of 39

Yes, it's awesome.  If you don't want it as heavy and moist, then I think reducing the cream might be the way to go. 

Dolcecakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dolcecakelady Posted 26 May 2014 , 3:48pm
post #32 of 39

Can you repost  this recipe please?

married2kitchen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
married2kitchen Posted 26 May 2014 , 6:01pm
post #33 of 39

AAnnieCahill can you over mix the batter with this recipe?

Inga1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Inga1 Posted 27 May 2014 , 12:39am
post #34 of 39

Just finished a wedding cake for the weekend and used the Double chocolate cake from Epicurious. Tried it with the Hersheys powder and the Ghirardelli powdered cocoa. No question about it! Hands down the flavor was better with the Ghirardelli. I had made a 4 tier wedding cake(my first ever) for a friend. There were approx 70 guests and there was barely a piece of cake left! The layers were 12" carrot, 10" Double chocolate, 8" French vanilla with homemade caramel filling, and a 6" white.http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Double-Chocolate-Layer-Cake-101275

This is my definite go to chocolate cake!

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 27 May 2014 , 2:51am
post #35 of 39

Inga, did you use regular Hershey's or Hershey's special dark cocoa in your comparison?    I use hershey's special dark with the double chocolate cake from epicurious and it is my favorite chocolate cake recipe.  But I will try ghirardelli cocoa next time based on your recommendations.  Thanks!

Inga1 Posted 28 May 2014 , 1:25am
post #36 of 39

I used the regular Hersheys. Did not have access to Special dark. Maybe will have to try it

married2kitchen Posted 28 May 2014 , 1:31am
post #37 of 39

AInga could you tell how to make the caramel filling I have a recipe but it has cream cheese so I don't like to use it much? Thanks

Inga1 Posted 29 May 2014 , 2:22am
post #38 of 39

The caramel I made from scratch. I used the recipe from a book "Caramel"  Author Carol Bloom. I don't use it straight. Mix it 2/3 caramel to 1/3 buttercream icing. My buttercream is 50/50 hi ratio shortening to butter. I do put a dam around the edge of the cake. I had initially used the Smucker's caramel ice cream topping. That also tastes very good. But there is nothing like homemade caramel

'

married2kitchen Posted 29 May 2014 , 4:47pm
post #39 of 39

AThanks i will give it a try I love caramel Thanks Inga!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%