Modeling Chocolate Tree, Need Help

Decorating By lulumaecakes Updated 8 Aug 2012 , 6:40am by Sugarsweetcafe

lulumaecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lulumaecakes Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 12:58am
post #1 of 6

I molded my chocolate around a skewer and now I want to put just branches coming out of the top, how do I do this the branches are not stiff enough and just bend. Am I suppose to use wire? This is the first time I have used modeling chocolate and I'm new to it.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,
lulumae

5 replies
gmfcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmfcakes Posted 11 Jan 2012 , 1:35am
post #2 of 6

I used a pillar and used wire and wrapped some around the top and I also used straws and stuffed the wire in them the and pushed a bunch in from the top of the pillar and positioned the wires how I wanted. Then I wrapped the modeling chocolate around the pillar and let it set. Then I wrapped my wires. HTH and Hope it makes sense.

mareetina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareetina Posted 5 Aug 2012 , 12:15am
post #3 of 6

lulumae,
Just wondering how your tree turned out? I'm wanting to do something similar. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

gmfcakes Posted 6 Aug 2012 , 4:54pm
post #4 of 6

it turned out great, I'll try and post a picture later when I get home from work. Although it was heavy, but i just pushed it into the cake and then used crumbs to cover the bottom for dirt, since it was a Halloween cake.

I'll post a picture.

gmfcakes Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 6:26am
post #5 of 6

here is the link to my tree, This was last October and I have gotten better at making modeling clay so this tree has a lot cracks and is not the best, but you get the idea of how the pillar and wires worked. HTH.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2381137/modeling-clay-tree

Sugarsweetcafe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarsweetcafe Posted 8 Aug 2012 , 6:40am
post #6 of 6

love the tree, did a good job icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%